Epson WF-3620 No black

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
Hello everybody

I have a problem with my Epson WF-3620 that not printing Black color and for other colors there is missing dots when I print check nozzle.

The story was start when I watch YouTube video on how to clean printhead without removing it I put water inside syringe and I push it through the nozzle after I run the printer it is move but print anything on papers on second day the printer not run at all. I remove the printer head and I saw that printhead cables burned because water reach there also printhead circuit board was burned. So, I buy new printhead with new cables and it runs very good because all color was full only black ink was run with low level for a one month yesterday when I replace black ink with new one it's not print at all. I take my syringe and I push air inside the nozzle 2 to 3 times and when I print it's run fine with some missing dots today I try same thing and now it's not print black color at all.

Anyone know what is the problem with it ?

thank you

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What type of cartridges are you using - 3rd party - refill - OEM ?

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
3rd party cartridges

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do you have cartridges available from another supplier/brand ?

I'm a kind of irritated that water got into contact with contacts at the printehead and did a damage there, flushing the ink lines just implies that the cleaner/water follows the channels the inks normally take. I don't know what happened - how it happened but I don't think it is advisable to push air into the ink lines instead of a cleaner - or water. Using the Wicreset utility you typically have several cleaning levels available - light to heavy, and an 'ink charge' as well for particular printers. You may try a stronger cleaning cycle or the ink charge - if available (it varies from printer to printer model)

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
No, I have 30 inks all from same brand. And I am afraid to clean the printhead using liquid and I loss it like before . I will try now the Wicreset utility

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
give it a try, you need to get the air out of the ink channel.

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
I try the Wicreset utility strong head clean and now It is print black with little missing dots

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It is print black with little missing dots
I don't know what you are printing, and how much; you may use the high quality setting in the driver and check if you still get missing lines in your normal printout, if not I would recommend you to use the printer with the high quality setting for a few days and observe what is happening - do a nozzle check again and compare if missing nozzles are still at the same location, are less , are moving around or whatever. There might be something blocking a specific nozzle, or impeding the overall ink flow, a problem with the cartridge, e.g. the ventilation, mechanical problems preventing a good fit in the printhead carriage or many more and other things causing a bad print - including an ink which does not run well on your printhead. Or it could be that there is pigment build up on the cleaning unit because the waste ink is not pumped away or else.

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
When I compare with before nozzle check there is no black at all but now there is with a missing dots.

thank you

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Yes, fine, and compare again with a new nozzle check in a day or two, if and what is changing , it could be that some missing nozzles just come back - or not - or you get a few more, or at other locations - everything can happen