epson waste ink tank reset

alipoor90

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
looking for new one:D
hi
how can i reset waste ink tank counter for epson px660?
thanks

alipoor90

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
looking for new one:D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
i found my answer on my own
no need to buy a key
just google "printer-model adjustment program" i.e "px660 adjustment program"
which is a program that epson service centers use and usally some people who working at epson service center publish them on the web
and for px660 you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hhuk7a3j0i961ih/Epson_PX660_Adjustment_Program.rar
That Epson program will only last a short while and is used to get you out of trouble but you’ll still need to do the reset again properly, but please remember the ink is still building up inside the printer it’s not going to go away regardless of which reset you use, there are no shortcut on reset.

Use this one with a waste ink tank.
You need the "WicReset" program and a reset key. You can get them both through Octoinjet here: http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/WICReset-Key(s).html

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I reckon it would have been a wise investment to get the reset key at the same time too.. :oops:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
That Epson program will only last a short while and is used to get you out of trouble but you’ll still need to do the reset again properly
Just to gently correct you on this @The Hat , The AdjProg variety of utility will reset the waste counter to zero in the same way as the WICReset tool.

I suspect you were thinking of the Epson IPR tools that they release to North American customers. The IPR tools do indeed work the way you suggested with a partial reset (if at all).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just to gently correct you on this @The Hat , The AdjProg variety of utility will reset the waste counter to zero in the same way as the WICReset tool.
I suspect you were thinking of the Epson IPR tools that they release to North American customers. The IPR tools do indeed work the way you suggested with a partial reset (if at all).
At least you bother to suggest that I was actually thinking…:confused:
:bow Thank you…

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
At least you bother to suggest that I was actually thinking…:confused:
:bow Thank you…
It was a scary place putting myself in your thought processes but I've come out unscathed and perfectly sane...

...for me ;)