Epson V750 dust and fog under glass?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hi, given the fact that on their forum "specialized" EPSON hardware promoter at least for V750 scanner I got few replies and to pass the
word along I decided to post here also.

My problem is that new EPSON V750 have 3 or more dust spots on the inside glass and the glass is also fogy. How come top of the line from EPSON V750 scanners have this problem? Are they assembled in someones private garage or something?

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7050&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If you own one I would like to know was yours clean?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I really beginning to think to get Canon 9000F because I lost my patience, and I do need a scanner.
I waited 3 months to try to resolve this to no avail.

7 out of 7 scanners with the same defects in all of them.
EPSON you have 100% FAILURE rates

This shows glass scratches on brand new EPSON V750! Speaking about quality control I'm sure:

EPSON has no quality control for V750 assembly lines
EPSON has no air control for V750 assembly lines

For more better resolution photos see thread on first post.

EPSON distributors in my country and for the region keep their mouths shut, and keep "no comment attitude"
EPSON is a piece of CRAP company as far as scanners related! I still love my dot matrix LQ-1170 printer :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Smile My problem is that new EPSON V750 have 3 or more dust spots on the inside glass and the glass is also fogy :hit
One solution to your problem would be to remove the glass yourself (DIY Job).
If the glass cant be cleaned or the scratches are bad then take the glass to a glazier
and get them to cut a new piece for you and refit that.

I know its not the best solution but at least you could get the scanner working again and save some of your hair..:)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
IF the scanner were used than DIY would be ok, even then I would need something like this to clean the air before opening the scanner http://www.stadlerform.ch/products/stadler-form/viktor (I read and so videos of particle measurements it works wonders, but cost about 300eur).

So cleaning anything over 3000dpi i warranty is crazy if you ask me. And I don't know how warranty centers work outside my country but here you would get technician open the scanner blow dust with compressed air and quickly assemble the thing.

No clean room, nothing - the client doesn't see this so he thing this "service thing" is carried out like it should.

So paying this huge amount for A4 scanner 781.974 EUR / 1,136.58 USD / 704.615 GBP and get it serviced new???? Where is the world going, it's not some cheap 100$ office scanner?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Smile So paying this huge amount for A4 scanner 781.974 EUR / 1,136.58 USD / 704.615 GBP and get it serviced new????
Where is the world going, it's not some cheap 100$ office scanner?
I will still stick by my original suggestion, just do it yourself besides youll do a better job on it?
No its not a $100 scanner but more like a 780 useless scanner if it cant be used for quality work.. :(

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm sure can clean it ok with the air purifier that I don't have, and there is nother problem

How to remove the plastic screw lids so that it would not look like it was dissembled, I don't want to loose the warranty just in case electronics fail etc.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I also would like to say that you can only see the dirty glass on EPSON V750 scanner when infact all other surfaces are dirty too (lenses, mirrors, prisms etc.)

That is because the out gassing plastic fumes had nowhere to go, they are very easy seen on coated flatbed glass. If you clean the glass yourself, you leave all other parts dirty. If you still think that cleaning is an option then what happens when it continues to outgas further ? Clean it again in 3 - 4 months?