Epson Surelab d700 lost it's detail after head change

Purnomo Setiawan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson d700
I Have epson surelab d700, under warranty Epson Indonesia changed the Head and pumping unit due to clogging problem everyday. Now the clogging problem was gone, but my epson d700 lost it's detail. Epson tech don't know why, and they wants me to use thiss printer until they resolved the problem.
I also find there is little bit magenta ghosting on outer lines of the prints.
it's frustating me.

Printerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureLab D700
I Have epson surelab d700, under warranty Epson Indonesia changed the Head and pumping unit due to clogging problem everyday. Now the clogging problem was gone, but my epson d700 lost it's detail. Epson tech don't know why, and they wants me to use thiss printer until they resolved the problem.
I also find there is little bit magenta ghosting on outer lines of the prints.
it's frustating me.

Dear Purnomo,
I do have EXACT the same issue with my Epson D700 Printer. Head replacement and now facing details and having a little bit magenta ghosting lines. How did you solve this?
I'm very excited to hear from you.

Best regards,
Printerz.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Did the so called epson "techs" perform the service calibration routine after changing the heads? Seems like they skipped it.

Printerz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureLab D700
Thank you for the reply. Is there a special software needed to perform the Service Calibration Routine ? I have seen the adjustments you can do in the Maintenance Utility, however, this does not resolve the problem.
Thank you.
Printerz.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
AFAIK there are service tools for every brand printer, Canon, EPSON, HP. The companies do not distribute these outside their tech departments. So obtaining the correct tool to do the job is tricky.

I can recommend to obtain service manual for the printer and see if it lists such tools, and describes actions after head change etc. Then post on this forum perhaps somebody has such software.

I can mostly help with color calibration/print certification questions :) If you have any problems and or questions with color management. Recently a client requested a profile for his D700 on a special Moab Somerset Photo Enhanced, Radiant White Matte Velvet Inkjet Paper, the D700 is cool printer that can handle such thick media.

Last edited: