Epson Stylus Pro 9890 problem

Maqlatura

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9890
Hi everyone.

I started using rechargeable cartridges for EPSON Stylus Pro 9890 printer. Everything was ok, until I replaced cyan cartridge. I had some printing jobs on sheets and after each sheet printer detected that there is not cyan cartridge. Temporary I solve this by opening and closing cartridge cover and than printer detected cartridge but only until I printed one side of sheet. I tried to fill up with cyan another rechargeable cartridge but it does not help. Also I tried to lift bottom of cartridge with a few layers of adhesive tape in order to get cartridge chip closer to printer pins - this did not help either. Factory cartridge solve problem but factory cartridges are much more expensive than rechargeable.

Do you have any solution?

Thanx

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Perhaps you need new cart, chips from china sometimes like everything else can be defective. Do you another refillable cart to test?

Maqlatura

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9890
I have still 3 empty carts, and I tried with one, I fill it up and test it but the printer didn't register it and I got error "NO CARTRIDGE". Than I simply put another two empty carts and I got the same error. Maybe it is different chip on each cart, so I need to buy a new one.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Maybe, do chips look different?

Maqlatura

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9890
no chips look the same.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Then i think you needs to have more carts to rule out bad batch of carts etc. Try different seller on ebay, aliexpress or wherever you got the carts from.

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
Did you contact the cartridge supplier for help with this? With a printer like a pro-9890, you'll probably be buying LOTS of ink and other consumables. Your ink supplier should be very willing to help you to keep your printer up and using lots of their ink. Did you buy your cartridges from your ink supplier? If you're satisfied with your ink supplier, buy all of your refilling supplies there and let them help you keep their ink flowing.

Your problem may be due to electrical contact resistance between the cartridge chip and the corresponding contacts in the printer. When refilling it's very important to keep the ink away from the chip contacts. Your ink is likely water resistant and will likely leave a contaminating film on the chip contacts if spilled. The film may resist attempts at cleaning. Worse, the corresponding contacts in the printer may be contaminated by spilled ink. Getting water on the chip or the printer contacts can also lead to the same problem. Be sure that the refilled cartridge is clean and dry before inserting it into the printer.