1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Basic Question on Linen Paper?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Epson Stylus Pro 9600 printing on polycotton

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by guymark, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Jun 10, 2018
    piers

piers Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    hi folks
    bit of an update
    I bought some oil cloth (if that is what is called) from Dunelm. The sort of plastic backed cloth you use to cover picnic tables. Anyway rolling that up with the printable cotton fabric greatly improved the way that the fabric went through the printer. You still can't walk away but there is a certain amount of adhesion between the two materials and the oil cloth is heavy enough to avoid rucking. It still seems important to have a certain amount of tension on the bottom of the printable fabric however. I will attach some video of the printing process. One problem I can't fathom is the occasional 'vomits' of ink onto the fabric. I can't see any reason, no wrinkles etc. It doesn't even look like a head strike in that it just seems as though the printer has decided to squirt an ounce of ink out.

Sorry about the pattern in the photos, my 22 year old son, for whom I intend to make a shirt, is still starry eyed enough to think we have a chance sigh !

Attached Files:

2. Jun 10, 2018
    Andreas S

Andreas S Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Epson Pro 3800, Epson 1400
    Hi piers,
    I think that the "vomits" are related to the platten gap. Rising up the gap should help you.
    Andreas

The Hat likes this.
  3. Jun 10, 2018
    piers

piers Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Thanks Andreas, much appreciated. I think I have enough for a shirt with that last print, but i will try with the next pattern and let you know how I get on. I noticed 'platen' gap when scrolling through the menus but didn't know what it meant. I have just looked it up and can see what you mean. Will post here again to let you know how I get on !

The Hat likes this.
  4. Jun 10, 2018
    Andreas S

Andreas S Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Epson Pro 3800, Epson 1400
    You are welcome piers. There are two ways to have "vomits", either condensation or the gap between printhead and substrate. As there is no heat by using an 9600 …
    Andreas