Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Firmware update question,

Dae

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson
I have two of these printers both set with refillable carts (NON OEM CARTS).

There is a Network Firmware update from Epson that came out Aug 31 2018. I haven't updated to this firmware as of yet.

My question is has anyone using NON OEM carts in this model updated to the new firmware and did the firmware effect the NON OEM carts?

I have heard updating to new firmware can effect certain Epson printers from working with refillable carts. Meaning they won't be recognized by the printer after the update has been applied.

Thanks in advance!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I do not know the answer to your question, however, it is not advisable to update your printer's firmware unless it either fixes a specific documented problem you are experiencing or adds some documented functionality you must have.

If your printer is functioning within normal limits then the question of whether a firmware update causes issues with non-OEM cartridges is moot.

That said, I am also curious about the impact of the latest firmware update.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The simple answer to firmware updates are, don’t go near them, steer clear of all update when your printer is working as it should be, these firmware updates are only designed to strengthen the strangle hold that Epson already has on your printer...

Reactions: Dae

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The simple answer to firmware updates are, don’t go near them, steer clear of all update when your printer is working as it should be, these firmware updates are only designed to strengthen the strangle hold that Epson already has on your printer...
An "Agree with Stratman" would have been simpler and faster. Or do you get paid by the word? :lol:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
An "Agree with Stratman" would have been simpler and faster. Or do you get paid by the word? :lol:
Good grief! Have standards slipped that much in my absence?! :eek:... We have standards you know... :smack:plbb