Epson stylus c120 paper sensor

brandin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am having some trouble locating my Epson Stylus C120's paper sensor. I need to locate it because I need to find a way to have the printer print without the need of the paper going through. So I technically need to "trick" the printer's paper sensor. However, I haven't been able to find it. Would anyone have any idea where it is?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
There are probably more than one optical sensor in the printer. Many sensors are needed to detect that a sheet of paper travels through the paper feeding track correctly in terms of timing, orientation, etc. Some of them will check if the paper is spit out by the printer after the printing is finished. You will need to take the printer apart to find all of them. You will need to design an electronic circuit to generate fake signals to cheat the printer with correct timing so that the printer thinks it is printing normally. It's possible to do but it is certainly not trivial. Find all the sensors. Use a scope to record the signal. Build a signal generation circuit to generate the signals with the timing that is identical to what's recorded. Feed the generated signal to the printer the same way those detectors do to cheat the printer.