Epson SC-P900 A2+ printer: finally NO PK/MB switch

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-p700-and-p900-announced/
-10 row print head with both MB and PK loaded, no more switching and defunctioning valve problems with the switching MB/PK printers
-1.5 pl minimum droplet size
-5760x1440 maximum resolution
-added blue (violet) ink cartridge for greater gamut.

Now we have to wait for refillable option or some firmware crack and the problem to overcome the waste ink tank problem.

Preorder in the Netherlands for € 1209.-

Also the smaller version SC-700 A3+ printer:

https://www.cameranu.nl/nl/p3179957/epson-surecolor-sc-p700-a3-photo-printer
same 10 row print head with both MB and PK loaded and blue (violet) ink cartridge

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
www.printerknowledge.com/threads/new-epson-p700-and-p900-printers.13750/

but the cartridge size of the P900 has been reduced to 50ml......so it's not just good news

Are you sure: maybe only the setup cartridges are 50 ml ? The other pro is the smaller P700 finally has a user replaceable waste ink tank, so that is good, because it ridiculous that the P600 and R3000 do not have this very important container to drain waste ink. So they have listened to the users, but it is less good news with smaller cartridges.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Are you sure: maybe only the setup cartridges are 50 ml ? The other pro is the smaller P700 finally has a user replaceable waste ink tank, so that is good, because it ridiculous that the P600 and R3000 do not have this very important container to drain waste ink. So they have listened to the users, but it is less good news with smaller cartridges.
This is true (and despite my commercial activities I really do welcome it)... The fly in the ointment is that Epson are utterly shambolic in terms of keeping the stock of spare parts available.

Lost count of the desperate queries from people looking for some of the maintenance boxes that never seem to be available.

So, the lesson here is, have a spare available and replace it ASAP.
(Oh and send the old one to me, I'm working on making them re-usable).

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson is claiming a greatly improved black level with these new printers P700/900 reaching a D=2.95 on selected papers.
I'm running an Epson P400 - the only one with a gloss optimizer - and did lots of testing - inks and gloss optimizers on different papers and reported various results already here. And since I was already testing Canon or HP dye inks earlier on my Epson printers I did the same here - I'm using a Lucia EX photo black in the photo black channel, these inks are available in larger cartridges and can easily be emptied and be used for refill.
Using this Lucia EX black I'm getting a black level of D=2.87 on the Sihl glossy paper which is most likely not the most prestigious paper to compare with Epson papers. This D equals to L*ab = 1.20 - 0.09 - -0.05, a luminance level I never got that low before , and the ab color values are virtually zero - that black is just as neutral as it can be.
So just put the Epson claim into perspective - I can reach almost the same black level - with another printer - with a non-epson ink - on a budget non-Epson paper . I won't continue these tests with other glossy papers to find the best one with an even darker black level - L=1.2 is pretty good already - and good enough for me.

underwood1988

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I recently bought a very cool and reliable laser printer for 550 bucks and it seems to me that he could easily print even on cardboard of any thickness. In any case, this is just a suggestion, and now I’m thinking about trying it. This printer can print up to 200 pages per hour and it has just awesome speed and best print quality. I accidentally stumbled upon this printer when I was looking for new models for my son. Jamie needed a printer for essays and I decided to buy this model for myself and find him a simpler model ...I bought both printers from mrdepot.ca.

Last edited: