Epson R3000 Printhead dampers

Paul-H

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1500W
Hi all

I have been given an old Epson R3000 that has only had light usage but not been used for a couple of years.

First issue is an obvious one in that after sitting idle all the heads are blocked, whilst waiting for the cleaner to soak into the heads to soften the dried ink I have been doing a bit of reading up on this model and seem got myself a little worried about one aspect of this printer and thats the buffers attached to the printhead, some of the info I have read seems to indicate that the buffers need replacing every year, is that correct, if yes it would make thie printer un reparable as the cost of getting the bufferes replaced each year would be higher than just buying a new printer.

Whats the story behind these bufferes, do the realy need to be replaced yearly or was that just from people who used service these printer and were just justifing their charges.

Also what are the signs that the bufferers are failing.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Also what are the signs that the bufferers are failing.
Clogged dampers impede the ink flow , and you get related effects to that - typically missing nozzles you cannot clean away .

Regular scheduled maintanance actions are typically done if you run such printer in a commercial envionment where you don't want to get unscheduled printer off times for repair. That won't be an issue if you print privately.

There are various Youtube videos published how to flush the ink channels in the printhead itself, and replacing the dampers is def. a recommended action in this case, dampers are available as spare parts via Aliexpress or else for a few $ each.