Epson R3000 - Anyone removed the buffers?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Currently in the process of nailing down a clogging issue (not our inks before anyone asks :p) that's established itself in an R3000 but given the expense of the printer I was wondering if anyone has previously disassembled this model enough to access the printhead inlet nozzles (the ones in the actual printhead, not the static cartridge receivers).

Not essential but figured someone may have useful intel that will avoid a borked paperweight.

Thanks in advance for any input...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for that info Peter..

We spent a solid day on the issue today (when I wasn't cursing at my new web server) and found a way to resolve a nasty physical clog in the R3000 so looks like I'll be writing up another "how to" guide and putting another speciality cleaning kit. This one was a cost iron [expletive]

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Hi all, I like everybody else that owns a R3000 ended up with the same issue this past weekend. I searched on eBay for a replacement ink supply system to no avail. So I decided to find a way to get the printer back to working order. I was able to get the printer back by switching the blacks and disconnecting the ink selector motor. I know it's not a total fix to the problem but since I don't use MK I can live without it.
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for sharing your results with this. I'd have expected the printer to self check the motor was responding but I guess, given your success, it doesn't. Useful to know that's for sure.

I guess you can always use the original cartridge swap approach that the R2880 uses if you ever do need to change inks. Just a cast of knowing what you have in the cartridge.

Thanks again...