Epson R2880 - Problem - Blinking Lights - Won't work

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
If I had a manual for "life" I could sell it and afford to buy a NEW printer, maybe a 3880. And a full frame camera, while I'm at it.

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
I believe the part I am trying to remove is called the CSIC Assembly (Assy).

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I believe the part I am trying to remove is called the CSIC Assembly (Assy).
That's the one that requires you to release the two clips in the back. One of the first videos we saw used a specially adapted awl or similar to release the clips but I can see it's a real artform.

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
The manual shows what kind of tool to use. I have made it but it is hard to figure out exactly where to put it and what it is supposed to catch to release the guide. I'll keep trying. As you know, I have no other life but printerville!

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
Update. I am continuing to work on this but I just bought a refurbished model 2880 directly from Epson with a 1 year limited warranty for $349.00.

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
Thanks for the recent video. I hope mine goes more smoothly than the video as it is a bit incomplete. It's nice to know that it can be done from the inside instead of the outside (maybe?). Also, for $20, I bought a replacement CISC board, assuming I might destroy it or maybe it is the problem.

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
As I thought I might, I, basically, destroyed the board, in the process of trying to remove it. I don't think the video was very good at showing exactly where the tabs are that need to be pressed to release the board. If I get around to it, I would like to take the some photos of the board and show where the hidden tabs are that need to be pressed to release the board. A new board is on order.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
As I thought I might, I, basically, destroyed the board, in the process of trying to remove it. I don't think the video was very good at showing exactly where the tabs are that need to be pressed to release the board. If I get around to it, I would like to take the some photos of the board and show where the hidden tabs are that need to be pressed to release the board. A new board is on order.
Damn... Sorry to hear that Alan. With anything like this there is certainly an element of learning the hard way so it's good to see you're making a positive out of a crud experience, much as we'd prefer you never had to hit that problem in the first place.

Alan Baily

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R2880
I should have the recently purchased refurbished 2880 up and running this afternoon. Now that I have the printhead out of the original machine, is there a particular manner in which that should be cleaned? I should be getting a replacement for the destroyed second guide in a few days.