Epson R2000

Since I changed to USB instead of network the information on status monitor is proper. I ran nozzle check 5 were bad. I ran the clean and nothing changed. I replaced 5 cartridges and ran nozzle check and improve on 2 colors. Ran clean and nozzle check with absolutely no change with any colors.

My wife was in hospital for 6 wks. I did not do my proper “maintenance”. It seems that the printhead is probably clogged and I want to know the best way to fix this on this printer. I have not had that happen before. Our conversion has made me sound as a beginner in any printing. I have some experience since I started as a photoengraver in 1963 and went through every stage through Gelée and now after retiring I only use this printer to do prints for framing for family and friends (free). At this time, I need and appreciate the help from the expert of inkjet printers. Thankyou.
 
I do not recommend to connect a printer like the R2000 via WLAN which can cause a variety of problems, stay with the USB connection and a USB cable not longer than 2 m (or about 7 feet) .

You may download the WicReset utility which most likely should give you 2 or 3 different intensity levels of the cleaning function.

If that does not help you would need to go the next step to flush the printhead ink channels with a flush operation, there are plenty of similar videos available on Youtube like this one


They do it on a different printer, that does not matter - the main operation is the flushing of all blocked ink channels.




or here

https://www.specialistinks.com/support/epson-r2000.php

just wiping off the nozzle plate to start with.


I need to point out that all this cleaning is consuming ink which is pretty costly with original Epson cartridges, you may consider to buy a cheap 3rd party cartridge set via Amazon or similar at a much lower price and doing this with such inks and cartridges and then switching back to your regular ink cartridges.
 
Last edited:
Good idea about the ink use. I will try this Thank you.
 
Back
Top