Epson R200 with CIS do I have a BAD PRINT HEAD?

sweatyheadfred

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have been use this CIS for a couple of years and it has been great. Went on a long vacation got back and my cyan was not printing. Did half a dozen head cleaning cycles.
Then decided to use warm cleaning solution to unclog the print head. Removed the CIS and put the syringe on the cyan jet and very little went through(sign of the clog). I tried for an hour. Finally I got a face full of ink and thought i had slipped off the jet. But no the solution I was pushing into the cyan jet was coming out the black jet? Now only a couple of the nozzles on the black and cyan are working. It seem like if i put more solution in to either jet it comes up the other. It seems to me that something internally is broken and the printer is junk. Am I correct?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
When you put the syringe on the print head you have to make sure the print head is out over the overspray or foam area, not the park pad. If the printhead is over the park pad it is sealed and pressurizing the nozzle will force cleaner and ink into the other colors and contaminate them and could introduce air bubbles into the other print heads.

sweatyheadfred

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I did have the print head over a paper towel not on the park area. Thanks for the suggestion that makes sense.