Epson R200 and to much ink on the page

lenny109

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200. For the last year or more I have not had a problem with it but now when ever I try to print anything that has colour it seems to dump ink at the end of each couple of lines.

Blue, Greenish and Black seem to be the main culprits but I think it is every colour. The page that I have just printed is a page with a number of pictures on it. They are in the middle of the paper and that is fine but at the top half on the right there are 2 big blue spots. One about 1 inch below the other. There is a tiny blue spot first and then a massive blue splodge. The about 2 inches below that but on the left of the paper there are 15 1 inch long torpedo shaped blue/green wet ink marks. 1 cm after each mark is a very small dot of the same colour. Then at the bottom of the page there are another 2 round marks.

I have changed the inks and also cleaned the ink soaked pads at either end of the printer mechanism.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Lenny

lenny109

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
see my other post regarding the Epson 830. Same process and same result. All OK so far.....