Epson PX730WD

Bookman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just bought a 739wd. I paid it bit more money than I wanted to becuase of the double side print option.

Problem is, I cant find out how to use the 2 side option..... How the hell I do I tell it what to print on the other side of the paper when using a paint shop program? I can do it manualy but then you can do that on any printer.

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
One option

" perhaps put the two .tiff on separate pages in InDesign then export as .pdf and print. i would say make a 2 page pdf...in some way. is all i can think of. "

forum.teamphotoshop.com/showthread.php?t=26265

Bookman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Seems a bit of a con to me. I notice that Epson describe some other printers as being capable of double sided printing then it works out that you print one side, then turn the paer over, put it back in and print the other side. Real rocket science. Mught as well take the duplex thing off the back and sell it.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Couple of things..

1. There's no pagination in most programs like photoshop, etc...
2. Double side printing of photos on normal paper would usually result in bleed through degrading the image on both sides
3. Any paper capable of avoid bleed would likely be quite heavy and less likely to be duplexer friendly in terms of the paper bend path, etc..

Given the above I can't see that the duplex unit would necessarily be relevant to a photo type print out and was probably discounted from requirements during the design spec' as a result.

Just a thought..

Bookman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This must be the worst printer I have ever bought.

Double sided printing????????? yeh if you take the paper out and put it back in the other way round and then it grabs 2 or 3 sheets at the same time.

Cant get the wifi to work.
Fitted a CISS system which has stopped printing yellow and after doing a few head cleanings, I am now being told that the ink pad is full. Tried orignal cartridges back in and it still doesnt print in yellow.
Cant take it back to PCWorld because I had to snap off a couple of bits of plastic to allow room for the ink tubes. My old R265 is better then this thing.
Best thing about it is tha scanner.

its going on ebay to try and recoup some of my money.