Epson pink nozzle checks hard to read

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
Using straight Piezoflush, I can barely make out the pattern, so tried adding about 10 mL magenta to 100 mL Piezoflush. That wasn't enough and was reluctant to add more, My printer is an Epson 1400 and I'd like to put it in storage once I get rid of a stubborn sloping line in the cyan pattern. All other lines are ok.

TIA!

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks to you, Ink stained!

I didn't want to add more ink, I was thinking too much would weaken the effectiveness of the Piezoflush. You didn't ask me why I quit adding the Piezoflush - I just thought I'd throw that in!

I do have one of those UV flashlights... it works quite well on a yellow subject but the pink or magenta must not be totally accepted with UV. It does help a bit.

I tried a very white piece of Presentation Matt paper, instead of ordinary copy paper, but the results were not stunning.

However... your suggestion gave me another idea. I have a film copy setup using a Nikon body, a macro lens, and a LED lamp as the light source. The light (5000º) bounces off a small white card, So I simply shine that light on my nozzle check instead of the white card and so far that seems to give the best result.

The nozzle check still doesn't jump off the page, but it is markedly better. Your suggestion had a role to play.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may add some yellow instead of magenta ink to the cleaner for better visibility. I don't think it would inpact the cleaner effectiveness that much, just wait a few more minutes or warm it up a little bit.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ah, merde, I don't have any yellow. I just added a small bottle of magenta to a fairly large order, and am not likely to have a large order again for a while. :( Most of my work is in b/w, and pigment. My understanding is that Piezoflush, being a dye, calls for any addition to be dye.

Anyhow, I'll keep the yellow addition in mind. Thanks anyway!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
just get a cheap 3rd party yellow ink cartridge for the 1400 and drain the ink from there for a test