Epson p50, CISS problems.

Macks

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, ive just recently bought a an epson p50 printer with a ciss system included on ebay. Ive set it up and all seemed well, however the printer keeps on telling me the cartridges are empty, ive done everything i can ie. used the reset button on the cartridges, aswell as taking them out and putting them back in again. can anyone help me?

Macks

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there anything i can do?

cityinkexpress

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
please try this

Method 1

Uninstall the cartridges, switch your printer off and then back on,install the cartridges with the printer switched on and the switch off and back on then try that. if that fails

Method 2

remove the cartridges and re-insert press down very very firmly at the front of the cartridge on the tab and the back if you do not hear a click its not in correctly on the cartridges and test - try this up to 3-5 times. if you do not hear a click its not in correctly

Method 3

also within the printer software on the maintenance tab is a button that says change ink cartridge - press this or on the screen menu where it shows the ink cartridge levels there is a button that says "how to " again press this and when it says remove the carts on the onscreen menu -press the button on the chip for 5 seconds then press next on the on screen menu

if this fails contact the seller the chip is faulty

regards shane

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Macks did you get your Ciss problem sorted just interested thats all i am about to purchase a cartridge ciss set for my Epson P50 had a Epson r320 which konked out after 4yrs work poss done about 8yrs if worked out in printing so going to convert my old ciss to new printer
cityinkexpress were very helpfull too me and patient you dont get alot of that these days
would be nice too know you are now up and running and what the problem was (just me being nosey) :)

Paddy Madrid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I have an epson stylus c46 and I use refillable cartridges. After printing a certain amount of copies, the printer blocks itself and asks for maintenance and it wont let me print. There is still ink in the cartidges, ANY IDEAS?