Epson NX100 all in one --- got for free, can it be refilled???

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got a NX100 all-in-one free with another purchase.
It's still in the box for now, I'm not sure if I'll actually use it or give it away.

I'm a little confused about the cartridges... it came with T088 pigment carts.
Google tells me it could also be used with T069 dye-based carts also.

I think refillable T069s are available, but i'm not sure they work with the newer
models... (i''ve had great success using refillables on my R220)

Does anyone own one of these?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ok... the NX100 is the American model of the UK SX100 and it doesn't get much more basic... but in terms of consumables I'm pretty sure you're going to have problems with anything other than the durabrite (Pigment) inks as that's the spec'd system.

Bear in mind also that Epson are "improving" their chips too so it's likely that the chips won't work between cartridges so you might have to find the pigment chips (or compatibles) to get the dyebase refillables to work.

Off topic slightly... Could you check the back of your NX100 and let me know if there's a trap door anywhere and/or easy access to the waste ink tube? Cheers :)

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hello sir, i'm sorry if this took FOREVER to get you the info, the printer has been in it's box since I started this thread.I took it out yesterday and yes, it does have a small door and once open you can see the tube going to the waste ink pad. ... and it's much much easier than my R220 was to mod. (and that took me 10 minutes, including notching the door with a dremel to put it back in place)

I finally ordered some refillables from an ebay seller. They supposedly work with the NX100 regardless of date of manufacture. I'll be trying this with dye ink. I'm a little worried that the pigment ink will dry up. My wife does not print much color and personally i'm quite happy with my Canon IP4500 and my R220..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
crenedecotret said:
Hello sir, i'm sorry if this took FOREVER to get you the info, the printer has been in it's box since I started this thread.I took it out yesterday and yes, it does have a small door and once open you can see the tube going to the waste ink pad. ... and it's much much easier than my R220 was to mod. (and that took me 10 minutes, including notching the door with a dremel to put it back in place)
Thanks for replying with that info'... Much appreciated... :)

FYI: There's currently no resetter available for that model at all so a waste ink tank would be solely for collecting the ink.. You'd still have to get it serviced to reset the counter at the moment.

I finally ordered some refillables from an ebay seller. They supposedly work with the NX100 regardless of date of manufacture. I'll be trying this with dye ink. I'm a little worried that the pigment ink will dry up. My wife does not print much color and personally i'm quite happy with my Canon IP4500 and my R220..
In fairness I suspect the main problems you'll hit are the slightly ink bleed as the inks mix on the paper a little and probably colours being somewhat off.

Given that you're not really talking about a high powered photo printer though I'm pretty sure you'll be able to live with these issues and at a guess you're less likely to see much clogging.

Keep us posted though and whatever you do, make sure you flush the pigment ink out of the printhead if you've already installed the original cartridges. It's easy enough, just print off a couple of full colour pages..

Hope that helps.