Epson makes CIS systems?

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I understand that after years of saying CIS systems were no good and would void the Epson printer guarantees if installed in Epson printers, now Epson makes their own CIS systems using the collapsible bag method and the OEM inks are cheaper. Well cheaper than what they offer in the cartridges I mean! printers with CISS are to be sold in only foreign countries other than the USA. One country mentioned is Indonesia and the printers are the L100 and the L200 models so far as I know. I'm not familiar with either of these printers but since they are sold in other countries I suppose the names are different than they would be here in the U.S.
To keep their product safe from all the "evil" third party purveyors of inks I read that each bag of ink has a serial number on it that must be typed in to insure that it will work with the printer. One other thing I read was that a head of one of the biggest chinese companies that Epson was suing for making knock off products is now suing Epson for patent infringement I think because the Epson CIS copies the other CIS products in basic configurations. I suppose that goes along with the old saying....( What goes around, comes around?).
That's all I have heard so far so if anyone else has anything to add please do!
I'm wondering if, A. Epson plans to offer any of their other printers with Epson CIS systems and B. Will they ever offer them for sale in the good old U.S.? It do get curiouser and curiouser! Happy Printing All! Outoftheinkwell.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi It's actually also available in China. There is also some model which they change the chip on the circuit board and resolder another chip back. If I recall correctly there were other parts of the countries that did the same thing, i think russia or ....just can't remember.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Phrase: "If you can't beat them, join them...."

G

Greysonphil

You can still find Epson CISS. IT's not common, cause they are not the best example of Epson manufacturing.
If you want to buy CIS system. you'd better turn to others, cause it seems as if Epson spesially designed their CISSes just to show that they are worthless. Such an anti-CISS-advertising-campaign.