EPSON L805 color profiles

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm using a dilutant for the light inks...
1 part ink + 2 parts dilutant
A few other companies are offering something like 'clear ink' or similar - the base solvent without colorant.
We have our own as it happens...

The Ultrachrome D6 ink set includes light inks. 'Smaller' 300 ml cartridges are used by the SL-D700 printer
Yeah... Spotted that... Things to ponder... Suspect I'll leave well alone though. Already got plenty to do as it is...

Thanks again for the input though... Very interesting.

anazoolik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, L1800, ET16650, ET18100
I was running it for quite a while - probably 2000 A4 photos with pigment inks - and then switched to dye inks - all without a problem - printhead or else.
Do you used the Fujifilm / Epson D6 plus dilution ink set in the L805?
I have a problem with stripes, when i use these inks. Nozzles are 100% free, but i get massive stripes in brighter colors.
If i switch to original inks, everthing is ok. If i switch to fujifilm and Epson D6 i get stripes again.
It seems, that the viscosity is different.

Had anybody similar problems in history and a solution?

Stupid thing. The seller sent me a replacement printer, because of the stripes despite free nozzles. I doesn't check with the original inks. The second printer had the same problem, so i checked with the 673 inks: no stripes - f...
Now i have 2 L805, but can't use them, because i need long lasting inks.

EDIT: It seems, that the diluted Epson D6-S Magenta (with Octopus cleaning fluid) causes the problem. I only changed the light magenta to Epson 673 and the stripes disappears.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I used the Fujifilm inks and the D6 inks for several years, without problems like those you describe, but I switched over to Epson inks since some time - about 18 months ago starting with the phase over. The inks for the Ecotank printer ET-7700/7750 are as good as the Claria inks - the best Epson inks in terms of longevity you can get . These inks are sold in Europe as Epson 106 inks, numbers may be different in other sales regions. These inks come in conveniently sized 70ml bottles, these are the best you can get as dye inks in terms of fading performance. I replaced my L800 with a L1800 about a year ago.

anazoolik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, L1800, ET16650, ET18100
Thanks for your answer. If they work, they are cheaper than Ultrachrome D6...
The ET-7700 has no light colors. Do you dilute the inks, so you have light magenta and light cyan for the L1800?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
yes, I use the same octopus rinse solution as a dilutant since years for dye and pigment inks without problems.

Latest posts