Epson L800 slow printing, I tryied everithing

BtZ

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
L800
Hi, my Epson L800 is printing very slow after 4-5 images.
I turn it off, turn it on, back to normal speed to next 4-5 images.
If i keep printing and not turn it off the speed is keep decreasing near to forever.
I reset it the CR Motor overheating/Shaft/all checked lime replaced and click perform With ADJ software, the problem is here.
I changed the computer/drivers/data cable/reset spooling, nothing helped me.
I even replaced the actual cr motor but the problems are here.
Normal speed for 4-5 images, very slow after. Turn it off, back on, good speed for 4-5 images again.
Can it be the chip ciss? Flex? Printhead? I have no more ideas. I do not understand...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why would you think it's the CR motor ? Just assume there is a thermal protection for the printhead, the nozzle elements. I'm running a L800, that one is slowing down after about 10 sheets, but not so much 'near to forever', I just let it print and reload the paper.

BtZ

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
L800
Hi, thanks for your reply! I clearly have a problem, the time to print is longer and longer if I don't turn it off.
The printer was always a little noisy, now with the new motor is incredible silent, but was just a coincidence. My problem is still there.

BtZ

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
L800
And the thermal protection I think is not the problem. I used this printer intense for 1 year, not even once happened this.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Does the status report of the WIC reset utility show any errors, error codes ? My unit is slowing down somewhat but I don't really care as mentioned.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I remember from longer time ago that the P50 printer of those days, the L800 is based upon was showing some similar behaviour slowing down after some printing time, but since you would have to replace cartridges frequently you barely would get that far without interruption. I don't know I couldn't verify that but it does not bother me so much.

BtZ

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
L800
Hi, I don't get any errors. And strange thing, today when become to be very slow. After restarting was not getting any better. And you know when you turn on the printer that the head it makes a rapid movement. So mine when i started, the head had some delay to move to the left, it stayed to the left a little bit, and after 3-4 seconds got back to "base". After a few restarts it starts normally again but just for a few prints. Software related is excluded, i tested everything, today I tryied mostly any resset and factory reset settings from ADJ software. I don't find any info how the printer works, what part receive the data to print? Could be printhead problem? Ciss chip I have changed already, I disconnected:connected afain the cables, and the flex small cables from the motherboard. Could be the electricity? Is very hard to understand why is getting slow and why no error. And the speed is very very slow after a while, that is my biggest problem.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are reporting that the head does some strange movements at start up which it didn't before. This would indicate some problem with the positioning, with the coding strip. That's the gray plastic strip spanned across the print bed in the back, running through a sensor on the rear side of the printhead carriage. You may clean it with a small piece of kitchen towel and a window cleaner. Beyond that I wouldn't know what else to do but I wouldn't expect that resetting etc would help in this case.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I think such complex situation can be resolved by getting another printer and swapping parts between them.