1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: New Light Standard Design - Ongoing Update
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Epson L1800

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by oroblec, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jul 3, 2017
    apetitphoto

apetitphoto Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
    That's why I said "probably not a good assumption." I was over simplifying the math for the example.

The Hat likes this.
  2. Jul 3, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Pixel peeping and PPI hunting will only lead you back to being confused once more, most of these guidelines are just that guidelines, the best education you can get is to try everything yourself and keep notes on what works and what doesn’t... :hu

apetitphoto likes this.
  3. Jul 3, 2017
    apetitphoto

apetitphoto Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    What are these "notes" things you speak of? :)

4. Jul 3, 2017
    oroblec

oroblec Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
    Sorry for all of this but when i prints a new format or a new image from my family all this question go into my head and learn to teach them how it works.

The Hat likes this.
  5. Jul 3, 2017
    oroblec

oroblec Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    i think we can get confused you are right, but if you don't understand that and tried to print a photo no professional camera just a cell phone and the output quality is horrible, how you know if you can get it better and what to do ? if you know size and dpi with interpolation maybe you know before you start the result and left it like that cause you knew it before it prints.

6. Jul 3, 2017
    apetitphoto

apetitphoto Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    IMHO, the difference between a professional camera vs a phone camera in terms of pixel count and density, for the most part, is no longer an issue. The reason cell phone images are of lower quality has todo with other things. A cell phone can, when properly used, capture stunning images. (Just as a professional camera, when improperly used can capture garbage...) Ultimately it is, as it has always been, the processing and print preparation that matters.

Beginning with the end in mind does matter and knowing what the interm transforms can do is helpful, but getting hung up on them can be a problem. The best way to make better prints is by printing.

Knowing all this technical stuff is kind of useless without being able to relate it to the real world. "Learn it, see it, do it."

7. Jul 3, 2017
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310/382/1800, P400, Pro7600
    we can discuss pixels and dpi and all that in theory, but I rather would look to some image which is actually considered 'horrible' so that there is a chance to find out where in the process from taking the image to printing it may be the cause for the horrible output. I won't think it's pixel density at all , could it be completely underexposed or not held steady or wrong driver settings or ...??? there are so many options that something can go wrong, so such an image would be helpful to continue this discussion.

apetitphoto likes this.
  8. Jul 3, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @oroblec, You’re getting into the middle of something that will have you going around and around in circles, really it doesn’t matter what piece of equipment you use to take a photo, what does matter is, what you do with the photo afterwards.

Time and time again most including yourself, with get poor quality photos from your printer, because your head goes into a spin and you feel you must do something with the photo before you can print it, WRONG...

Just put your photo into your photo App. and click print preview, then set the media quality, size of Media and finally the print quality, don’t do anything else with the photo and just click print.

Your photo will automatically fit the size of the paper you have chosen, if its smaller than you’d like, then try clicking on fit to Media, by doing this exercise you will soon become far more aware of the capability of both yourself and your printer, then and only then should you try altering and editing the photos yourself...

Untitled-1.png

oroblec, Roy Sletcher and apetitphoto like this.
  9. Jul 4, 2017
    oroblec

oroblec Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    i love your way @The Hat always Simple if the stuff complicate you drop it. the other day i saw a post from you open a canon 9500 and i was thinking how the hat learn how to open this complicate machine but anyway u made it simply thanks for all guys i will try to continue posting more picture of my Epson before i started with the canon pro 10.

The Hat likes this.
  10. Jul 27, 2017
    oroblec

oroblec Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    hi all, the prints continues real good with the profiles premium luster photo paper, now i have a problem using lR (ligthroom) if someone around here uses it can explain, when i print using it and i measurement with a ruler
    it has 0.5 inch more of both space in any format. for example if i print 4 X 6 it have 4.5 and 6.5.