Epson Inspiration series; 822 cartridge, resetting possible?

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
Can their 822 carts be reset? I did a number of searches, but noting conclusive other than I couldn't find anything that says yes. :(.
If not, can these be refilled by 3rd party chips/cartridges?

The specific printer is a XP446

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
These ARC chips, is there a limit to the number of times they can be reset? And is there also some issue with them showing the actual ink level in the carts as the OEM carts do?

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
I use cartridges like these in a XP342, XP-7100 and XP-55. They all show correct in levels. I fill them up when the low ink warning shows up. Never wait till the X, this might destroy the chip. Never waited so long, therefore I don't know. I always use two sets so I can change very quick and have a spare one if one of these cheap cartridges fails.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
The "X" being in the printer dialog box for ink levels of the 4 tanks?
Do you get some advance notice when the tanks are running low, before they go almost dry?

I do the same thing with the present printer I've been using. a full set of re-filled and reset carts ready to go so all I have to do is pull the empty and install the refilled one. Close it up to reduce the time the print head and sponges are exposed.

But with this series it looks like I will avoid those, too much hassle and the cost of these ARC chips etc and availability here in the US which looks like a even bigger problem.
I have to assume (the 'a' word) that Epson has some stronghold (lawsuit) against anyone selling these auto-reset chips. I received a printer for free (the printhead was clogged and one tank was out) and wanted to just experiment/evaluate it for the heck of it.

Last edited: