Epson GS2 Ink Refills

jtrphotography

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know where I might find refill ink for Epson GS2 cartridges for a wide format printer?
Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I guess basicly any solvent ink that are sold in bulk for vuetek, mutho, roland etc wide format printers equiped with epson printheads should work.
worst case the colors wont match the oem ink so you need your own profiling via i1 Pro or other solutions

jtrphotography

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, custom profile is easy enough to sort.

Separate question for you if I may.

Currently have an OCE CS2236 36" printer, I have asked previously about refills for this and was directed to octoinkjet however they and several other sites refuse to comment as cannot guarantee comparability being an older machine.

It uses 4 dye colours and pigment black for text, I understand they cannot guarantee it but wouldn't comment or make a suggestion.

I'm pretty new to refilling my own cartridges but on the basis of you previous comment any similar dye ink should be ok if used with a custom profile?

Thanks in advance.
Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I cant really speak for your OCE CS2236 either but its rather try-and-error with refilling your OEM cartriges.

Are the cartriges Chipped?
CYMK printers are rather EASY to refill and maintain, but the OCE is for plain dye Colors and pigment black only. You defenetly shouldn't try eco-solvent inks. That could trash your lfp immedeately.

Since there are no 100% compatible inks you could pick a good grade pigment based ink for you black and colored inks by your choice. Best thing would be if you choose 1 brand for the colors.

If you happend to have a color proofing solution (colormunki, i1 Pro, etc) shouldn't be a problem at all.

Just hast have to adjust your printing workflow, since there is a ICC Profile involed maintaining exact color matches with your custom refilled cartriges.

For the Eposn GS2: Its Epson new flagship and it could take some months to adapt new ink formulas and even refillable cartriges, chips and stuff. But I am pretty confident that this could be a big saviour.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I mentioned to you before that you can use the standard Canon dye or their equivalent inks for your printer
or just go with all Canon inks if you feel the need to be cautious. (BCI-1431BK range of ink cartridges)

I refilled and used I.S. pigment inks in my Pro Graf 6400 and the colour match was more than satisfactory to do the job for me
and you can purchase the inks on the sites that I previously posted or any other site you wish.

Foot Note

A lot of 3rd party ink suppliers dont normally supply the large format printers so they cant
and wont give a guarantee that their inks would be suitable which is totally understandable in the circumstances,
that doesnt mean they are not suitable and wont work and its purely down to you to make the choice..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jtrphotography said:
Hi,
Sorry, just a little confused, the bci cartridges look slightly diffrent to the ones in the oce at the moment.
So you would say http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Canon-Compatible-BCI%2d6-%2b-BCI%2d3eBK-Ink-Set-[5-x-100ml].html would do the job - would just need a custom colour profile.
Joe
I only used the Canon cartridge for ink reference purposes as I know you use the Océ cartridges in your printer,
you probably wont even need a profile when using this ink.

Last edited: