Epson filled with Windex.... What Next?

Coy886

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I needed to fix a clog in my epson 4000 and someone had recommended to me to fill up my refillable cartridges with windex straight and run a few power cleanings. This seems to have done a great job in clearing up the clogs. Now my questions is this... Do I just clean the carts and fill with my inks and load them into the machine? I will be using all black waterbase dye ink and just want to make sure I won't run into any problems. All of the lines are currently filled with the windex, so I would have to push all of that out with the ink.

Another option I can think of is to first push out the windex with a distilled water/rubbing alcohol solution before moving to the ink. Would that be better?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Distilled water might be better.

It would take quite a bit of ink to push anything out of the lines. Whether it is Windex, water or old ink.
You would likely have to reinitiate the printer ( like when new )

Joe

rjgeisler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Not so crazy!

I used "No Drip Windex" to clean heads in my R200/300's.

I filled a syringe with windex and a piece of tubing on the lure-lock.
Remove the cartridge of blocked head and place the tube on the spike in the printer.
Squeeze!!!!

Works very well on the R200/300!

Of course, I am not familar with the cartridge to printer interface of the 4000!

Rhonda

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Hi rjgeisler
Today I cleaned several printers

Stylus Photo PX660
Stlyus Office BX635FWD
Stylus Office B40W
Stylus Photo R265

with the same approach that you did

small piece of tube directly attached onto a syringe 2cc of "cleaning solutin" on each spike for each color chanel
Frist I dont push the solution into I create a vaccum by pulling the level and then let it set for 2min THEN push steady and slowly all the 2 cc's tru After that I push another 2cc of AIR tru it
and after 5min wait I pull a full 10cc syring reverse back

with this method i cleaned all Clogs on all printer I listed above with ONE shoot
work perfect

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
rjgeisler said:
Not so crazy!

I used "No Drip Windex" to clean heads in my R200/300's.

Rhonda
An expert in Epson repairs specified the original Windex with ammonia and not any of the other Windex cleaners. The no-drip version may have additives that prevent dripping - perhaps something that increases viscosity? Stick with the original with amonia. Works just fine.

rihac support

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Coy886 said:
Another option I can think of is to first push out the windex with a distilled water/rubbing alcohol solution before moving to the ink. Would that be better?
Spot on, use distilled water to clean out the cartridge and dry it best you can. Leave it overnight to let the water evaporate than refill and you can start printing again.