Epson expression xp860 using 277 carts good candidate for refillable

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you asked Epson directly and got an answer - but I'm not sure that they actually confirm a permanence period for 100 years - in the open - or maybe somewhere else , they don't refer to any other information or references like test methods etc as they do in the product specs in the fineprint - sometimes. And as long as the ET-7700 inks perform comparably to the Claria inks it's fine with me even it is not the same formula. This would apply similarly to the Ultrachrome D6 dye inks for the Surelab printers which I tested about 2 years ago. I'm happy with their performance in the current environment, and I'll do another test in some months once I get more sun - more UV vs. ozone than today. It's funny when you look to the product specs of various printer models - on the German Epson website - on an English EU website - or an American website - the specs differ - German customers get 300 years in a photo album - and customers elsewhere get a permanence of many generations to come..not mentioning a photo album.....it's as vague as it can be - to prevent customer claims in 100 years or something.....

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Actually the reply is totally truthful BUT is meaningless but Hat knows that the reader will probably think 100 years because that is what we want to hear...and most indeed will think so.

kcgoatboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-950
@kcgoatboy, and do you believe the reply you received...

Of course not, I just liked how ISF said Epson's marketing was careful not to really tell you anything concrete (paraphrasing) and this response I received was so vague that a marketing rep would be proud. I thought it was funny ISF made his comment the day after I received the "response" from Epson.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
All it has to last is till the owner of the prints becomes blind, loses their mind or the prints, or dies - any of which will occur in less that 100 years. Then, who is to argue the prints did not last 100 years.

Latest posts