Epson Ecotank ET-7750 keeps saying rear tray is out while trying to print

Wraith3

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I am trying to print from Wordpad and my printer keeps saying that the rear tray is out of paper. I am not using the rear tray. I've had this happen before and it eventually goes away. When I use other programs I can pick which tray to print from and it will get around this. Wordpad lets you pick, but when you click print it doesn't use the settings. Any ideas?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You should check the default driver settings via the System menu before you start your editor, change there to paper bin 1 in the driver and close with Ok/Enter.

Wraith3

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I've tried telling Wordpad to print from a specific tray, which it recognizes, but then it gives me the message about the rear tray. Most other programs, like Paintshop Pro, will give me the message, but will print to the specific "cassette" I tell it to print to. Wordpad just ignores it. It's not a huge deal, because I only use Wordpad for one specific thing, but I want to figure out what's causing this issue.

Wraith3

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Anyone have any other ideas? I even tried removing the printer and reinstalling everything and then when it had a print test, it said the printer in the rear feed was out... Epson support is no help.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You would need the service manual to find the sensor(s) causing this error condition, a sensor may be blocked or covered up by a small piece of paper or mechanically inhibited.