epson cx7400 cis

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 cx7400 with notorious ink consumption. Are the CIS kits on ebay feasable? Specifically, is there a solution to the waste ink reset issue for this model?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
johnwarfin said:
Hi,

I have 2 cx7400 with notorious ink consumption. Are the CIS kits on ebay feasable? Specifically, is there a solution to the waste ink reset issue for this model?
Personally I wouldn't touch an eBay based CIS kit unless you'd checked out the seller six ways to Sunday and back again... After sales support and lack of documentation tend to be the biggest issues as many of the kits are unsupported, poorly built or just sold by someone who hasn't a clue.

My recommendation (due to the excellent documentation, after sales support and sheer knowledge) is Rihac (either .com.au or .co.uk depending on where you are in the world).

Expensive, well relative to the cheap monkeys, yes... when you consider the support if you get a version #2 firmware printer or some other issue it becomes a shrewd investment in the future of the hair on your head ;)

Re: the Waste ink issue... this link has everything relating to the waste ink issue for the CX7400:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/search/epson_printers.php?model=cx7300
.. and yes there is a reset available for North American printer owners only.

If you need anymore help on the waste ink front let me know... it's sort of my thing... :D

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I appreciate your feedback on Ebay products and will be very careful. I've purchased a couple dozen cis and cartridge kits for myself and friends/relatives and know what you say is true.

My question is about the waste reset issue. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to purchase your product at this time. Your link mentions 7300. I've had problems with confusion over drivers etc before and can't afford to risk time an money on something that may not work.

I was wondering if anyone anywhere could independently verify success with waste reset on a 7400. Links? Posts here or elsewhere?

websnail said:
johnwarfin said:
Hi,

Personally I wouldn't touch an eBay based CIS kit unless you'd checked out the seller six ways to Sunday and back again... After sales support and lack of documentation tend to be the biggest issues as many of the kits are unsupported, poorly built or just sold by someone who hasn't a clue.

My recommendation (due to the excellent documentation, after sales support and sheer knowledge) is Rihac (either .com.au or .co.uk depending on where you are in the world).

Expensive, well relative to the cheap monkeys, yes... when you consider the support if you get a version #2 firmware printer or some other issue it becomes a shrewd investment in the future of the hair on your head ;)

Re: the Waste ink issue... this link has everything relating to the waste ink issue for the CX7400:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/search/epson_printers.php?model=cx7300
.. and yes there is a reset available for North American printer owners only.

If you need anymore help on the waste ink front let me know... it's sort of my thing... :D

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
I appreciate your feedback on Ebay products and will be very careful. I've purchased a couple dozen cis and cartridge kits for myself and friends/relatives and know what you say is true.
No worries..

My question is about the waste reset issue. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to purchase your product at this time. Your link mentions 7300. I've had problems with confusion over drivers etc before and can't afford to risk time an money on something that may not work.
Feel free to smack me about the head with a clue stick... I must have been multi-tasking as I didn't notice the model number was wrong. This is the correct link:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/_docs/wik_intro.php?id=3&model=cx7400

... as you'll see the reset utility is available for anyone in North America that has a valid serial number from their printer.

I was wondering if anyone anywhere could independently verify success with waste reset on a 7400. Links? Posts here or elsewhere?
I can't confirm the Epson utility specifically for the CX7400 but I do know the IPR they released for earlier printer models was simple to use and very effective. Given that it's Epson themselves I'd hazzard a guess it'll work just fine.

... of course it helps that you now have the correct link.. :rolleyes: :p

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I was able to download EPIPR_PMDASH_NA.EXE and get an activation number from the link on your CX7400 page. Very informative and well designed site BTW.

While I'm not interested in the waste kit at this time having already modified my printer, your needle sqeeze bottles mentioned in another thread look quite useful. Specially the colored caps. Can you give me an idea what it would cost to get a set shipped to USA?

Thanks again for bailing me out with that CX7400 problem.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
Thank you so much. I was able to download EPIPR_PMDASH_NA.EXE and get an activation number from the link on your CX7400 page. Very informative and well designed site BTW.

While I'm not interested in the waste kit at this time having already modified my printer, your needle sqeeze bottles mentioned in another thread look quite useful. Specially the colored caps. Can you give me an idea what it would cost to get a set shipped to USA?

Thanks again for bailing me out with that CX7400 problem.
:) Worry not, I do still talk to people who don't buy my waste ink kits... if you'll just excuse me while I blow my nose and wipe a tear from my eye.. *sniff* ;)

Shipping cost wise I think it's around 2.85 but you can confirm by selecting the kit:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/SquEasyFill-100ml-kit-%2d-5-bottles.html
.. and then getting the shipping estimate in the cart.

I will be putting a four bottle kit listing as well as the caps as separates when I get 5 minutes to think so if you're just after the caps or a custom order I can figure that out for you.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Looks like a good deal. Normally I would want bottles, needles, caps, and covers and the extre one wouldn't hurt. But since shipping is an issue maybe 4 caps and 4 needles would reduce this?

I have about 3 dozen filled and empty ink bottles and wondering if they fit. Size?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
johnwarfin said:
Looks like a good deal. Normally I would want bottles, needles, caps, and covers and the extre one wouldn't hurt. But since shipping is an issue maybe 4 caps and 4 needles would reduce this?

I have about 3 dozen filled and empty ink bottles and wondering if they fit. Size?
The cost in postage would probably only be about 1.10 cheaper for tops and needles only...

The cap neck sizes are 20-410

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
The cost in postage would probably only be about 1.10 cheaper for tops and needles only...

The cap neck sizes are 20-410
I have several different type of ink, some 4 color others 6, so looks like best bet for me is to order multiple sets which hopefully will minimize postage.

20-410 is described as 20mm. Is this OD or ID? I need to measure some bottle and assess types and how many I need. Thanks again for your help.