Epson Claria inks, Fujifilm inks and alternatives

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
With any luck fading is directly correlated to dosage,
and with corrections for temperature and humidity , high humidity appears to be a pretty strong accelerator. Aardenburg and Wilhelm Research keep them constant in their test chambers.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Not really. Lots of diligence on your part. In comparison, your sun is quite lazy :p

I get pretty good patch roasting here. Black ink in CC paper fading very pronounced after second day. Other three colors look same across three papers to naked eye. Interesting.

Comparing inks & papers with this epson XP is quite a hassle with all the cartridge, driver, cleaning cycle. Would be nice if there was a way to accurately apply accurate & minute amounts of ink to paper without using the printer. No idea how though.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry me Auld son, but the sun is the sun no matter where you are, the only difference is latitude which effects the angle, whether it’s the Arctic or the Antarctic, the exposure is exactly the same... ;)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
a lively discussion is already going - even without any test results....
Lots of tests are focussed onto ink performance here and elsewhere, I took 8 different types of papers - glossy, photo rag, matte, cast coated, Canon, HP... and printed the same color bars , with the L800 as the same printer, same driver settings, same Fujifilm DL ink set , and placed the patches into the sun - whatever - outside. I'll do the first measurements later today, now after a week and let you know

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Comparing inks & papers with this epson XP is quite a hassle with all the cartridge, driver, cleaning cycle.
I'm using a WF2010W for most of the testing, with just 4 colors to swap, and I fill up a new ink when a cartridge runs down and a refill is due anyway, and I just get the last ml of the old ink out to reduce mixing. So an ink swap may take a few days but does not require much additional effort.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm running a test , the same Fujifilm DL inkset on 8 different papers, most papers don't show any significant changes yet after one week except the cc Labelheaven paper, a Tecco Fine Art Rag PFR295 and a Tecco photo matte PM230
http://tecco.de/product/pfr295-fineart-rag/
http://tecco.de/product/pm230-matt/
with 3 to 5, I'm listing here only the results for the black patches, not for the other CMY fields.
The Labelheaven cast coated budget paper was not performing vey well in previous tests, and matte papers seem to be detrimental to the fading performance of inks.
I'm not running here not any pigment vs. dye ink comparison and whether different papers would have a similar impact onto the fading of pigment inks.
(The use of the histogram with Paintshop is briefly shown here
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...nd-fading-of-dye-inks.11608/page-2#post-97746 )

Paper Fading Test
Lightness increase (Range from 0 - 255)
(measured with a scanner, delta via the histogram vs.
a copy kept in the dark)
L800 Printer, Fujifilm DL inkset, matte Photo driver setting

______________________________after 1 week

Tecco Baryt Fibre Silk_________________0

Labelheaven 230 cc Glossy______________3

Tecco PG230 Glossy_____________________0

HP Premium Plus Glossy_________________0

Tecco Fine Art Rag PFR295 matte________4

Canon Pro Platinum PT101 Glossy________0

Tecco PM 230 matte_____________________5

Netbit/Aldi Glossy_____________________0

Last edited: