Epson C66 stops printing after refills

Quaxo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Epson C66 printer. It's always worked pretty well, but I have a problem with refilling... After refilling the cartridges (following the manufacturer's instructions) that color won't print. Some time ago I managed to "unblock" the color cartridges, but I don't know how... Anyway I had to disassemble the printer!
Now today I refilled the black, and again it stopped working. I can't disassemble the printer everytime I refill... Anyone knows why it's happening and how to fix the problem? Several cleaning cycles didn't do anything (besides wasting a lot of color ink)...
By the way, during cleaning, black ink isn't wasted - even though the level indicator on the PC says it is. I checked with a high-precision digital scale, and the weight of the cartridge doesn't change...

Thanks,
Cristian

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Have you used a chip re-setter during the refill process? That could be your problem. Also, try a different ink company, and make sure you use pigmented ink.

Good luck!!

Quaxo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes, I have used the chip resetter. And the pc shows the cartridge as full.
The inks are specifically formulated for the C66 (or so they say), and when I get them to print, they give excellent results with both text and photos. It's just that after refilling, sometimes everything goes well, sometimes that color stops working... Can it be air bubbles? If so how do I get rid of them?

Paddy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This is a common problem, more than likely an air block. Take a syringe, remove the needle. Insert it into the "outlet hole" and pull back on the syringe until you start to see ink. Simple.

Good luck