Epson Artisan 837

James~K

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus 3880
Our epson 837's black is not working. I have run a cleaner cartridge and then power flush and it work well for a few pages and the test page looks good for a few of the pages and then it fades out. I see there are some small bubbles in the line so I took off the line block at the print head and flushed out the bubbles then replaced, and after a short while the black channel runs out again. I tried pushing fluid at the cartridge spiggot and there are no leak along the line.

It confounds me?

Any suggesting and thank you

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Our epson 837's black is not working. I have run a cleaner cartridge and then power flush and it work well for a few pages and the test page looks good for a few of the pages and then it fades out. I see there are some small bubbles in the line so I took off the line block at the print head and flushed out the bubbles then replaced, and after a short while the black channel runs out again. I tried pushing fluid at the cartridge spiggot and there are no leak along the line.

It confounds me?

Any suggesting and thank you
OK, you are running a CISS. The document scanner is crushing the line at some point and choking it. Obvious solution. Go find the chokepoint, run you finger along the line and feel for a depression.

James~K

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus 3880
Hi

Thanks for your response.
I wish it was a CISS system but it is not. Your thought of a pinched line is interesting. I checked the lines from the top of the print head back to a block like place under the cartridges bay and feels/looks fine. I can not figure out how the air bubbles get in the line (The Problem) and why after a power flush it prints ok for a little while ?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Is the ink/cartridge you're using particularly old, been in storage for a long time, etc.. ?

Wondering if the ink itself is the cause and possibly gunking up with algae or similar.

Just out of interest, what are you feeding your printer with? Compatibles? OEM/Originals, refilled carts?

James~K

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus 3880
Is the ink/cartridge you're using particularly old, been in storage for a long time, etc.. ?

Wondering if the ink itself is the cause and possibly gunking up with algae or similar.

Just out of interest, what are you feeding your printer with? Compatibles? OEM/Originals, refilled carts?
Well I am back here again hoping for incites.

Now the printer has a paper jam error "open the scanner unit" I pulled out the jam from the top and now it is permanently unable to reset, just a constant non feed and the jam/open scanner unit message. I am able to look into the paper tray and hear all sorts of gears turning. But I do not see the first paper tray roller and "worm shaft" turning at all. This whole experience has made me consider buying a comparable $$$ printers and probably not able to use 3rd part ink as well is a bit much.

What do you think is now the paper jam problem??
Thanks Kindly
OK, you are running a CISS. The document scanner is crushing the line at some point and choking it. Obvious solution. Go find the chokepoint, run you finger along the line and feel for a depression.