Epson Artisan 837 does not recognize ink cartridges

rwvand

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 700, HP3500CP
In my case there was no head cleaning kit. I had changed to a CIS from inkpro back in Dec 2014 which function beautifully unit about a month ago. Prior to the switch I got the waste ink error and got a copy of the epson adjustment program to run the reset, and made my own version of a printer potty. Because the printer was well out of warranty I had no issues cutting the case for access so that the lid closed completely. All of a sudden the printer stopped printing black. I printed two pages back to back the first page was fine the second no black. Saw a few air bubbles in the black line to the print head Ran nozzle check and multiple head clean thinking it was just a bit of air. The bubbles disappeared and I get a few black nozzle lines on the check but nothing to indicate I was making progress. So I accessed the print head, removed it cleaned head, ending up having to disconnect the supply lines and push black ink through. Reassembled and ran a perfect nozzle check, printed a B&W photo from the scanner worked fine. Moved the printer back to the computer desk hooked it up powered it back up and it did not see the any of cartridges. I tried reseting the error through the adjustment software no luck. As for the Firmware I not sure how to update the firmware. The panel display will not let me go anywhere with out seeing ink cartridges. As said in the beginning it will see every or any cartridge as long as there are 5 or less, when the 6th is installed it sees none of them.

Patric "Butch" Amarando

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
I have the same error issue with my Artisan 700, it sees every cartridge if on is missing but as soon as the 6th is added it sees none. Did you ever find a solution
Unfortunately no, and now I have (2) 837s that do the same thing. I'm about to trash both, as I purchased a new Epson XP-820, and I'm very happy with it.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I must admit that I'm somewhat lost in the details, but again - as a last try - run the replacement cycle of the cartridges via the status monitor on the computer. What does the status monitor tell you when the computer is running and the printer connected, please make a screen print and copy it here.

Patric "Butch" Amarando

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
I wish that I could. Once the printer states that it can not recognize any of the cartridges, I can't get past that step. I tried to press cancel, wit no luck. There is no other option that I know of.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
???? I assume you are running Windows - Start - settings - Printers - your printer - settings
and you get to the driver window - Utility tab - Status monitor - please make a copy of that window to post it here

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
according to my test and research MANY aftermarket chips (including single-use and Autoreset) for Epson Stylus Photo class printers and Workforce Series will not work after ~25th of september.
I have many buyers reporting the same issue with cartridges that wont be accepted anymore by their printers, even they used them for over 1,5 year without no hassle.

I cant get in contact with various manufactureres in shenzen due to the national holidays but this topic might already alerted them

Celso

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX722
Hi All, I know that this post is old.

However I am facing EXACTLY the same problem. After cleaning the head of my Epson 730, it started to not recognize all 6 cartridges. I have tried many times turning it off and on and taking off and putting back all cartridges. No success. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,
Celso

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I'm also looking for an answer/solution to similar problem with Artisan 710.

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Here is the screenshot of my status monitor - which is interesting because on the printer itself it just says the Cyan tank cannot be recognized but in the status monitor it does not recognize any of the cartridges and then has an extra "X" on cyan. Not sure what to make of that.

status monitor.jpg

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
Took all CISS carts out and turned printer on - status monitor shows this.
status monitor 2.jpg

Put all cartridges back in and we're back to this:
status monitor 3.jpg