Epson Artisan 700 installation made easy

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
I was asked recently about the Epson Artisan 700 photo on my website, there are no ink tubes visible. Thats right, the ink tubes run out the back of the printer, were there is a 4mm opening, a little trimming of plastic on the inside cover and you got yourself a pretty clean install.

I counted 6 different instructions on 6 different CIS units. (Here they are)

1. Cut a section of the front cover off, run ink tubes out the front. (NO WAY)
2. Cut a section of the top of the cover, run ink tubes across the front.
3. Take the sensor out, leave cover ajar. (really)
4. Cut a section of the side of cover. (I am not cutting the cover, I like this printer)
5. Put a sensor plug in, this replaces the cover sensor, leave cover ajar.???
6. Cut a section of the inside cartridge cover, run tubes along the inside towards the left.
(I tested number six, cover still did not close, pressure on ink tubes from cover)

4275_epson_artisan_700_info_web.jpg

Well now, there is a seventh way of installing your CIS on your Artisan 700

Have fun, I am sure, someone else has even a cleaner install. Please share......

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The only problem is that they don't specify the type and how much ink you get. How much additional ink is. and pricing for filled vs non-filled systems.

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Good questions, this post was originally intended as another way to install an Epson Artisan 700.

To answer your questions, HP #88 cartridge CIS units come filled with pigment black and colors are dye, cyan, magenta and yellow. All units can be special ordered empty. (same price) why not get it filled.
OCP is still in development of the Claria inks, I know they posted a pdf in 2007 that they had a formula but their website in Germany still states "in development".

We will be posting refill kits for the epson soon.

OCP refills available now for the HP, 4-4oz with pigment black $30.00 free shipping USA

HP #88 Total Volume combined with cartridges is 540ml to (570ml filled to the top)
Black 180ml pigment
Yellow 130ml
Cyan 130ml
Magenta 130ml

Epson Piano book 6 color = 660ml dye, refill prices to come. Why not use MIS D2 for now

Thank you and I hope this answers your questions

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just to note that the original link in post #1 is dead and I'm now a bit confused by the reference to HP88... How does that relate to the Artisan 700?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just name it: SPAM !!!

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
websnail said:
Just to note that the original link in post #1 is dead and I'm now a bit confused by the reference to HP88... How does that relate to the Artisan 700?
Thank you, link is working now.

You are right, I should have stuck to the subject.

I was answering dparadowski's question "they don't specify the type and how much ink you get"

Just got carried away, thank you again

orlenz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
leonardjohn

I saw your CIS on ebay for $129

to be honest with you, I do want to purchase a cis, and I like the look of this unit, and want a quality, trouble free system,

but honestly that sounds like a very high price for this unit, I don't know, it may be worth every cent, but I am hoping you can clarify.

type of cartriges, ink, etc. I have seen systems that look like these on chinadirect for much, much less.

please fil me in on the details and support offerd with this system

TIA

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Hi there

Rihac has a great CISS for the Artisan too..

After testing several CISS units, I decided on this manufacture because......

1. The ink produced great results. (I am a graphic Artist, this venture was started to save money on ink)

2. The patented Piano book design, looks good. 100 ml per tank, front tank is for level indicator and filling.

3. Good customer service from manufacture. Replacement policy 1 year.

4. Cartridge ARC chips work. (Combo chip, press the button to reset, multi or single chip, turn off printer to reset)

Some manufactures require a minimum order of 50 units, plus shipping is what drives the price up so high.

Be careful on ordering direct from china, there are distributors and knock offs of this CISS that are fake, no wire transfers direct to unknown persons.

See website for phone number and call for further information.

Thank you
Leonard Holmberg
AKA Leonardjohn

orlenz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
LJ

Thanks for the fast reply, I am leaning towards your system, thanks for clearing this stuff up for me.

does this come with the dye ink?

with hoses filled and ready to install?

have you heard anything about a waste ink kit yet?

this is the only concern I have left at this point, is what happens when the pads eventually get full of ink?

thanks again

Orlenz

Augus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
just register to this site to follow this thread. I too have Artisan 700 and looking for 3rd party ink, but if CIS work then I might go this route.