Epson Adjustment Wizard program for 9880 (error 0020003)

pierreyves

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon 3880 / 9880
Hello all,

I have this error code on my epson 9880 : service call error 0020003. It is a boot problem of the main board. Service manual says I need to rewrite firmware or to replace mainboard.
Rewriting firmware is impossible with the epson LFP Remote Panel 2 as printer is in error mode and I cannot turn it on in Service mode.
Apparently I would need an executable file to re-write the firmware despite the printer being in error mode. Do you know where such a file can be located ?

For maintenance, do you use the Epson Adjustment Wizard program ? Where can it be found ? How is it run (work on a mac) and what port does it use to communicate with the printer ?

Thank you for your help !

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
if you google for ' Epson Pro 9880 adjustment wizard' you should find sources for it, and as well the firmware, at a charge. But I don' t know whether this would actually fix your problem - and the software appears to run under Windows only. You don't know at this time whether the non-volatile memory just lost some bits - aging or whatever, or there something else defect causing the problem.

pierreyves

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon 3880 / 9880
Thank you for the answer. Have you used the software sold on these platforms ? Anybody willing to share it ?
An epson tech told me that there is another executable software which can be performed by non technicians. Have you heard of it ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I did a few times without problems - manual downloads or adjustment programs, but not specifically for the 9880 , I'm running an even older 7600.

pierreyves

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon 3880 / 9880
Thank you Ink Stained !

I have baught the adjustment wizard and installed Windows XP on a computer. But from what I have read on the 9800 instruction manual, I need to run a firmware update tool to solve the 0002003 error.

Thus I don't know if the adjustment wizard is needed.

Can somebody help ?

I am a bit lost, thank you for your help !

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The LFP remote panel service tool by 2manuals does a firmware update, firmware updates are typically a function of such maint. software. But I'm not sure which firmware version you have and which version is needed- probably the latest one and where you can get it , it could be that the firmware updater does the download by itself.

pierreyves

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon 3880 / 9880
From what I have understood, the firmware update tool and and the LFP are two different softwares.
The LFP was provided to me by Epson but it does not communicate with the printer because of the error code (main board error). From what I understand another communication protocol is needed, maybe not USB, rather RJ45 (Ethernet).

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm a kind of lost, firmware is available via the supoort/download sites
www.epson-middleeast.com/products/printers/large-format-printers/epson-stylus-pro-9880/Support-Downloads
and the screen print tells me that the firmware updater is available via the LFP remort panel
as I read here
www.manualslib.com/manual/301700/Epson-Stylus-Pro-7880.html?page=43
Epson 7880.JPG

If your error does not let the software communicate with the printer I wouldn't know how to fix it other than replacing the board.

pierreyves

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Espon 3880 / 9880
Apparently I need to rewrite the firmware as there might be a bug with the mainboard when it boots, which is why the LFP won't communicate with the printer. On the 7800-9800, this is supposed to be done with the firmware update tool (as the 7800-9800 service manual reads) but I cannot find info on the service manual for the 7880-9880.

I have baught the adjustment wizard but I don't know if rewriting firmware can be performed in the adjustment wizard or if I need another program.

ypstudio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 7880
Apparently I need to rewrite the firmware as there might be a bug with the mainboard when it boots, which is why the LFP won't communicate with the printer. On the 7800-9800, this is supposed to be done with the firmware update tool (as the 7800-9800 service manual reads) but I cannot find info on the service manual for the 7880-9880.

I have baught the adjustment wizard but I don't know if rewriting firmware can be performed in the adjustment wizard or if I need another program.

hey @pierreyves , did you manage to fix this? im having the exact same issue as you. printer was working fine, the next morning we switched it on and it permanently is showing the 00020003 error code.

can't get into service/repair mode and can't get the adjustment wizard OR epson LFP to connect to it !