Epson 9 pin resetter problems

Paddy Madrid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a problem with a 9 pin Epson chip resetter when resetting original cartridges. The resetter works fine and resets the original Epson cartridge, but after 10 or so copies the ink level displays as half empty and after 20-25 copies, the cartidges are empty and I have to reset them again. (nearly once a day)The cartridges are T0-711-714 and I am printing documents at about 10% page coverage.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I work alot with printers but this problem has me at a loss. Apreciate your help

Brian
Madrid, Spain

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Just a wild guess here. Your carts may contain a wetness sensor which actually connects the rear terminals of the chip with the internal ink compartment. It senses WET ink! If the cart is allowed to reach an actual empty or dry level as reported by the printer driver, then a very sneaky thing takes place. There is a small electrical short that takes place on that sensor. Result is, you may think you are resetting it but you really are not. When you then refill the cart and try to print, it may result in what you are experiencing. I have removed the chip on several newer model carts and it is there. Two little copper or brass little wires that directly contact the two terminals behind the chip. These can be refilled and reset ( With the correct resetter ) BUT you must do it before the chip reaches 20% or less. I would do it at 30%.

This is just a guess and this may or may not be the actually cause of your problem as I do not know much about your particular carts and Epson printer model. Just another little trick to keep us from refilling.

You may want to see how I refill some of my Epson carts in my video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEVDIPt_0tU