Epson 3880 Refilling - Problem with resetter

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the insides of the resetter. It is quite simple like all resetters. The three button cells are contained inside a retainer cage with bent tangs to keep the cell in place. During manufacture, the cages are soldered to the boards through a wave soldering line, and after the cells are inserted and the tangs bent over to hold them in place.

The cells are the ubiquitous LR41 model/ https://www.reference.com/vehicles/battery-equivalent-lr41-98f52fddd28dcc4d
In Ottawa, you will not find these at Dollarama but possibly at Dollar Tree or Buck or two or check any discount stores. Sometimes you get multiples of these cells inside a toy at a dollar store, where the replacement batteries will cost more than the toy. Think only Canon has this trick covered?

Now lest some think that battery powered resetters are a pain. Let me tell you it ain't necessarily so. Right now I am going through yet another rash of bad cables from the "german" usb resetter people. The cables are made in the Far East, a year ago was the overlooked design flaw coinciding with a shorter molded tip. Now it is something else with the cables once more. Remember I told you once, when you purchase from the Far East, you play a roulette game. I think the German maker is now afflicted with this but I am the one that fields the problems in the field. Sigh!
3880 Resetter.JPG

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
I now have three Epson carts LLK for Pro 3880.
I can reset them all get the green light and wait until the green light stops.
In my 3880, when I use one of these three (well filled) LLK carts, I get the message that this is not a genuine Epson cart etc. (which is wrong because it is) and then I also get the choice to "refuse" or "accept" the LLK cart.
When I "accept", then the symbol for this cart, in position 4 on the LCD, shows a blank cart (empty) but the printer prints without the slightest problem.
So apart from the incorrect info about the content of the LLK cart, sofar I can use it without any limitation.
What is going on is a question for me without a clear answer.
Harry