Epson 1500W aka 1430W - print head dead or does it have an air lock?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Air would have gone after all these cleaning efforts - there is some more solid , undissolvable stuff in the ink channels. As calculated above the usage was more on the low side with this printer - 10ml per channel per quarter, there is a risk with some pigment inks that they settle at the bottom of a bottle or cartridge after a while thickening up and changing the ink density, it is a remote assumption at this time but already observed several times . I cannot comment on the P600 how it would perform with your Eboni inkset, you may test the advanced B/W printing mode options via the driver first if they give you what you are looking for. And I don't know how well the P600 is working with refill cartridges, Epson may impose restrictions in this respect in some areas of this world.

Last edited:

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000 mkII Epson 1500W
Yes I agree and I think that I have basically killed the printer head (well one channel) through a combination of light use and what I have only just noticed are out of date inks. The fact that it developed the problem during a print run suggests to me that the blockage was formed by the ink flowing from the cartridge.

I will start a new thread with questions about which printer I should buy as a replacement.

Thanks for your advice.

Simon