Eposon L1800 printing blank pages

Saiks

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Hi forum members

I have just unboxed an Epson L1800 printer for sublimation purposes.

I am using Windows 11. Latest drivers have been installed and I have followed every tip I found on the internet (ink level, page alignment, paper selection, nozzle check etc) to see prints on my paper to no avail. Doing Nozzle Check doesn't even print anything.

I have exhausted all avenues and therefore posting here for assistance.

Note: This is a new printer and never used before.

What am I doing wrong or what should I do? I am sure there are people out there who have had similar problems and have fixed it and I'd like to know how I can fix mine.

Cheers

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Printing blank pages - did you unlock the ink flow as per this drawing in the setup/user manual for item 8 ?

You should run the driver installation from the CD again so that the system does another ink loading.

L1800.jpg

Last edited:

signsny

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Expression XP-15000
Hi forum members

I have just unboxed an Epson L1800 printer for sublimation purposes.

I am using Windows 11. Latest drivers have been installed and I have followed every tip I found on the internet (ink level, page alignment, paper selection, nozzle check etc) to see prints on my paper to no avail. Doing Nozzle Check doesn't even print anything.

I have exhausted all avenues and therefore posting here for assistance.

Note: This is a new printer and never used before.

What am I doing wrong or what should I do? I am sure there are people out there who have had similar problems and have fixed it and I'd like to know how I can fix mine.

Cheers
Have you removed the sealing tape from the ink cartridge? if not, remove it now because that's one of the common problems for printing blank pages.

Saiks

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Have you removed the sealing tape from the ink cartridge? if not, remove it now because that's one of the common problems for printing blank pages.
Where can I find the sealing tape? I only filled the ink.

Saiks

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
I have unfortunately installed the driver (from CD) before inks were filled. I later updated the drivers.

I did unlock several times

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Have you removed the sealing tape from the ink cartridge?
@signsny - the L1800 is an Ecotank printer without cartridges but with ink tanks at the side.

@Saiks
if the printer is not working at all I would go back to the supplier and get him to handle the issue - replacement or whatever else if he has a service office .
And I first would install the printer with the regular inks to get it working normally , and switching over to sublim inks later.

Last edited: