Ender Direct Drive extruder deal

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If that kit fits the CR10 it would be worth a try On the EU site it includes the Hotend for €40. Maybe ask them if it also fits the CR10 before deciding to buy?

If you do go to DD extruder you will need to tweak your slicer settings, for instance the retraction distance is a lot less, typically for a DD extruder the retraction distance is about 0.6mm instead of 3-5mm on a Bowden. If you leave the slicer set at a Bowden distance like 5mm then with the DD you will almost certainly have a clog.

https://store.creality.com/eu/produ...ore=138.4691396&ssp=&spm=..search.search_1.11

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Interesting idea but the first site you posted won’t deliver to the EU and second adds P&P but won’t except my gift token, so I end up with €50 for the kit which I reckon it not worth the extra trouble of installing, I am happy with my results as it stands…

P.S. I’ve got more than a dozen spare extruders motors coming out of my ears, so why would I need yet another one.. it seems to me to be just a bigger piece of metal that's needed to install this motor..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
You don't need it is the simple answer :)