ENDED - WINNER ANNOUNCED - Official PrinterKnowledge Picture Contest #3

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I hate you, 3dogs. :)

Maybe "envious" or envy. The word "hate" has serious overtones within the world today. You can bet there are security algorithms searching for that word in the web and indexing it to your ID. Times have changed.....very very sad to say. The older generation used words that were taken lightly and in jest but these days one needs to be very careful. All I hear now is AMAZING and that is only adjective the young ones know today.

Last edited:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
No worries. It was written with a big smiley. Is there a bigger one somewhere that I can use? ;) This one is posted with a winkey.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
No worries. It was written with a big smiley. Is there a bigger one somewhere that I can use? ;) This one is posted with a winkey.

Maybe these supposedly "hip" terms vary by region. In my neck of the woods the young and verbally challenged use the term AWESOME as the superlative. Amazing is for regular run of the mill happenings.

As for the term Winkey. A million years ago when I was a very young lad in England, the term WINKEY had a somewhat different connotation which I won`t enlarge on with this being a family site and all that.

The older generation used words that were taken lightly and in jest but these days one needs to be very careful.

My favourite rant, which I will try to avoid right now, is the self righteous lamentations of the politically correct brigade. In Canada now they even go the the extremes of being offended on other people`s behalf and seek to ban free speech and published academic texts or research papers etc that dont meet their standards of perceived political correctness.

Gee wiz- sometimes a joke is just a joke. rant-off

Oh well better get back to selecting some pictures. My last attempt succeeded in breaking all the rules of entry. All three of them so hope to do a bit better later today when «I get more time to upload.

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My favourite rant, which I will try to avoid right now, is the self righteous lamentations of the politically correct brigade. In Canada now they even go the the extremes of being offended on other people`s behalf and seek to ban free speech and published academic texts or research papers etc that dont meet their standards of perceived political correctness.
I now need a Safe Zone from your microaggressions!

#PrinterLivesMatter

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I now need a Safe Zone from your microaggressions!

#PrinterLivesMatter

but wait there's more.... and I'm only just getting warmed up!

This stuff is too stupid for me to make up. If it wasn't true nobody would believe it.

Recently a free yoga class at the University of Ottawa was cancelled because of Cultural appropriation which is when a culture that's seen as an oppressor borrows or steals elements of a culture they're oppressing. ..... there is also concern over yoga instructors who claim to be experts in the more spiritual aspects of yoga, but aren't.

Interestingly members of Ottawa's Hindu community who are the supposed victims say they don't feel offended by it.

Truly better than a Monte Python skit.

Read all about it here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/university-ottawa-yoga-cultural-sensitivity-1.3330441

Anyway I guess this is seriously off topic, so I had better upload some pitcha's before the Hat come after me with a cattle prod and pitchfork.

rs

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I told you I was old. Here is a picture of 18th Century traders on the St Lawrence river. Photographed from Canada - the opposite bank is Upper New York state.

Attachments

• WATER - 17th century traders on St lawrence 1080pxls.jpg
    WATER - 17th century traders on St lawrence 1080pxls.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 450

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
White water paddlers enjoy the local waterways swollen by the spring thaw.

Sometimes the things go well, and sometimes things end like this.

Attachments

• _MG_9033.jpg
    _MG_9033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 423