Empty Canon Pixma TS5150 Cartridges

sandbaky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ts5150
Does anybody have the printer Canon Pixma TS5150? I've filled up the empty cartridges PG-540 and CL-541, and I'm wondering on how to reset the measurer of how full the ink cartridges are, because it still shows them as if they were empty.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You cannot reset the combined sponge and printhead cartridges, I don't know your printer model or printer generation, but for older models you could disable ink monitoring to allow printing with refilled cartridges. I think this also applies to your printer. See this thread for an explanation. There is also a druckerchannel.de instruction about refilling these cartridge types and here is an English translation.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sorry to say there is no resetting of ink monitoring for this or any other Canon printer using these types of cartridges. You will need to be watchful for missing ink on the printed page or refill early before ink is missing.

sandbaky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ts5150
So if I refill the cartridges before they are completely empty, the printer will still work despite showing that there is minimal ink in them ???

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes. The indicated ink levels are calculated by counting nozzle firings. You cannot disable the ink level indication until told to do so,

sandbaky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ts5150
So I continue to print normally, only before the cartridge is completely empty do I have to refill it and not look at the cartridge status display?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
No, refill when you get the low ink warning or at the first signs of ink running low. Do not wait until the cartridge is declared empty. If the cartridge becomes empty it might be difficult to get working properly after a refill. So refill early.

It is the disabling of the ink level indication that cannot be done before the cartridge is declared empty. See "Step 5: outsmart the printer" in the druckerchannel instruction.

Last edited:

sandbaky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ts5150
TNX, I would just ask for another link " See "Step 5: outsmart the printer" in the druckerchannel instruction", please

sandbaky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ts5150
When the color or black is finished it will stop and ask you whether to continue or replace the cartridge. You click to continue and then you have to hit the stop button to. 5 seconds. The printer will work. In this case you have disabled for reading the ink levels.

Latest posts