edible chocolate on iP4500

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The following is a for sale ad on the local Kijiji. - new use for iP4500

Code:
"I have a Canon printer IP4500. I do not need the ink. Brand new cartidges for $10 each.  I have a total of 5 cartridges.  
I use my printer for edible chocolate work and I use a special edible ink, that is why I don't need the ink!"

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Wonder how he converted the ip4500 to fit large cakes under the printhead, and what ink he uses?

There are some videos on youtube of converted printers to print on ceramic tiles, but no instructions either, why bother then?

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
So the Witch in modern Hansel and Gretel would have the children wait until she prints "something nice for them" ?

zxcvbnm114

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think one of my canon printers may have actually come with a note asking me not to try this. Apparently they were worried you can never completely get rid of the canon ink which is not meant to be edible and might lead to lawsuites. Rather overcautious of canon but it shows it must be catching on. I assumed people were printing on some sort of edible rice paper and then sticking it onto the cake.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
:) I've heard about this with Epsons but never Canons...

I'd have thought you could easily flush the packing fluid from a clean printhead and use virgin non-OEM cartridges to do this with a Canon though.. Running a few rounds of Hershies and/or Cadburys Milk Choc' would doubtless clean out any residues and leave you the toast of women everywhere :)