EcoTank printers using Pigment Inks

anazoolik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, L1800, ET16650, ET18100
It depends on the printed media. Normal copy paper is less water resistant than resin coated paper.
I print gummed tape with this printer and during use (packaging) I can't see any blurring ink. And the gummed tape has no special coating.

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
It depends on the printed media. Normal copy paper is less water resistant than resin coated paper.
I print gummed tape with this printer and during use (packaging) I can't see any blurring ink. And the gummed tape has no special coating.
I am printing on Vinyl self-adhesive sticker paper. Should water resistant or waterproof be able to withstand running tap water on the print for one minute?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am printing on Vinyl self-adhesive sticker paper. Should water resistant or waterproof be able to withstand running tap water on the print for one minute?
This is my Wilson, I can’t remember how long it’s been since I placed Vinyl on this light.. The Vinyl came from Texas from a company called Papilio, and the I.S inks are long gone..
P1020355.jpg click to enlarge..
He was printed with I.S. pigment inks and the last time I changed the bulb I touched him up a bit with a felt marker pen, yes I know he needs a new face but I don’t have the where it all to change it, and when I do I will..

He’s been sunned on, rained on, shit on and pick on by the many birds that have landed on his head, so I reckon both the Vinyl and the inks have stood up to a heck of a lot of abuse in all that time, so the answer to your question is yes the pigment ink are water proof without any lamination..

P.S. Now that he’s been highlighted, I will have to put him on my to do list…
Update:- here is the origin post on Wilson’s history..
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/how-to-limit-fading.10988/post-92291

Last edited:

TanCoed

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
This is my Wilson, I can’t remember how long it’s been since I placed Vinyl on this light.. The Vinyl came from Texas from a company called Papilio, and the I.S inks are long gone..
View attachment 15348 click to enlarge..
He was printed with I.S. pigment inks and the last time I changed the bulb I touched him up a bit with a felt marker pen, yes I know he needs a new face but I don’t have the where it all to change it, and when I do I will..

He’s been sunned on, rained on, shit on and pick on by the many birds that have landed on his head, so I reckon both the Vinyl and the inks have stood up to a heck of a lot of abuse in all that time, so the answer to your question is yes the pigment ink are water proof without any lamination..

P.S. Now that he’s been highlighted, I will have to put him on my to do list…
Update:- here is the origin post on Wilson’s history..
Thank you for the interesting back story and say Hi to Wilson for me.