Easy reset method for HP 564 ??!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jeremyst said:
Sir have you tried removing the button battery located iniside the printer? it will disable the ink counter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCMzXsEvRDc&feature=related
That is a one way to disable ink monitoring but what you have to remember is you have not only disabled the ink monitoring
but also the ability of the printer to monitor any or all ink usage.

I have done that on one of my Canon printers but it now wastes an awful lot of ink just before its starts to print,
so be prepared for a huge increase in ink usage and also as to where all this waste ink is going now unreported.. :(

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I don't see the point. It's much easier just to ignore the warnings.

The point of resetting would be to actually reenable ink monitoring, so you could actually see how much ink is left. It's not certain that this is possible with these printers, however.

jeremyst

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sir did you manage to find a solution to your problem? I haven't got my hands on the printhead so i was unable to update you, the shipment of the parts was 1 week delayed in taiwan.

jeremyst

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sir i'm sorry it took awhile for me to update you. I'm still having problem with the printer, it turned out the printhead is fine, i assume before it was not. i'm not certain if the problem are the ink cartridges, i don't know how to deal with it anymore, it's very risky to buy another set and get the same "missing or damage ink" error again.
About resetting the ink through the hidden menu, i tried to search for the ink reset but i can't find it.