Ear splitting screech from three of my Canons

DrDigital

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
My i9900, i960, and one iP6000D have developed the worst ear splitting screech when paper is moving ithrough them. They don't have to be printing, just ejecting any kind of paper. It sounds like it is coming from the rollers or the related gears, not the print bar. I would appreciate any help on this.

tia,
DrDigital

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I'd probably wager your roller motor is going. Gears tend to make a crunching or grinding sound since they move slowly. The relatively fast spinning motor on the other hand can screech. Though I've never had one in a printer do so I've had motors screech in other things like RC airplanes and shavers.

DrDigital

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Fuzzy, where are you, Fuzzy??? What's that long black furry thing hanging out the the top of the printer!!! OH Fuzzy!!!!!!!javascript:insert_text(':eek:',%20'');

DrDigital

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
qwertydude said:
I'd probably wager your roller motor is going. Gears tend to make a crunching or grinding sound since they move slowly. The relatively fast spinning motor on the other hand can screech. Though I've never had one in a printer do so I've had motors screech in other things like RC airplanes and shavers.
I had not thought of the motors, but as I just rechecked the iP6000D, the motors are quiet. The sound is coming from the roller rack,maybe the gear column on the left. I can't figure out what or where to lube?

DrDigital

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you really do have a black cat, do you see lots of black hair inside your printer, all over the place, but especially where there is ink like where the print head parks?