Dye or pigment inks for my new Epson WF7710

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
the choices are small but still better than for Canon users - there are no good alternatives to the Chromalife inks in regards to fading at all .
"almost none" I want to add here. And I think It was you, resp one of your fading tests what made me try the bottled ink for printers with built in CIS by HP, the "GT52".
Seems to be more stable than Canon's own bottled ink (GI-490)!
But only C - M - Y, no (photo) black available. "Text Black" is not for photography, so you have to use
either a 3-color-printer
or add a 3rd party photo black (question: which one?)
or add one OEM Chromalife cartridge (..at least PK is less used than CMY..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
yes, you are right - with the limitations you mention - no dye black - and there is another question left whether
that HP ink would work reliably in a Canon printer , and not in just one model , for a longer period. Using a Chromalife photo black would be a fall back option in that case, so it's overall not that attractive at this time. Did you do any further testing ?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
No more fading tests since the one I posted in your dye ink thread:
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/brother-bottled-ink-bt5000-6000.12359/page-4
But I have the GT52 in a ip3000 (corresponding 3-channel + Text Black) and in a ip4500 (with addition of IS Photo Black) for months now, printed around 100-200 pages and photos:
No problems, no issues regarding ink flow, at least until today. It seems to be useable and reliable in HP and Canon printers. As the "bubble jet" technology seems to be one, invented and developed for/by (?) both companies..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
we are not capable to measure any phyical specifics of the Canon or HP inks like boiling temperature, specific vaporation energy etc but we just can do some tests, and yours are quite positive I think that those HP inks run on more than one Canon model already, Doesn't the IP4500 use 3 nozzle rows for C an M - for a wider range of droplet sizes than the IP3000 ? If you have some more information e.g. some longer usage time , gamut/profiling/colors this may all be interesting in a separate thread.