Dropped Screw into L355

TonyH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L355
Hi I have an l355 and just cleaned the heads , while I was screwing in the plastic cover on the feed tubes I dropped the holding screw down into the printer ,
spent hours trying to retrieve the screw to no avail ,
The screw dropped in the far right just next to where the print head rests ,
Should I disassemble (if I can) or just take a chance and hope the screw is somewhere that it won't do damage ,
My only other option is to buy a new one and to be honest I have it about five years so it won't be the end of the world , any thoughts on what ye would do ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Can you move the printhead back and forth without blockage ? You may turn over the printer and shake it slightly and hope that the screw drops out. You may listen to the startup and power off activities of the hardware if you hear any strange noise which may be caused by the screw.

TonyH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L355
Can you move the printhead back and forth without blockage ? You may turn over the printer and shake it slightly and hope that the screw drops out. You may listen to the startup and power off activities of the hardware if you hear any strange noise which may be caused by the screw.
Had it upside down and no joy , I think I'll bite the bullet and just plug it in , used the wrong screwdriver ,thought it was magnetic, print head is moving freely , thanks for the suggestion

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Start a cleaning cycle and watch that the foam pad is pressed from underneath against the nozzle plate and listen if there is any strange noise in the gear wheels.