Does Canon sell new print heads?

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I would recomend that anyone who refills their carts do so at a minimum of 30% full. There is no reason to run them to empty and by keeping a good head of ink pressure against the sponge or valve in the case of a spongless tank the nozzles stay primed and there is less chance of all this cleaning that is done to try and repair heads. Remember an ounce of prevention is worth pounds of repair.

Refill ink is a lot cheaper than print heads

Terry

TrekkerNCC-1701

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
InkMon said:
I would recomend that anyone who refills their carts do so at a minimum of 30% full. There is no reason to run them to empty and by keeping a good head of ink pressure against the sponge or valve in the case of a spongless tank the nozzles stay primed and there is less chance of all this cleaning that is done to try and repair heads. Remember an ounce of prevention is worth pounds of repair.

Refill ink is a lot cheaper than print heads

Terry
My whole problem with this printer started when one of my kids ignored the low ink warning and ran the black tank dry, so I know where you are coming from. I wish I had kept that tank full, but when the kids run off half a ream of paper printing "cheat codes" for their computer and video games, the small BCI-6BK black cart can run dry in a hurry. I am now running a Canon i860 on that computer that has the larger BCI-3eBK black cart, so they are less likely to run it dry. However, I did give them a pretty stearn warning not to ignore the low ink warning again.

I agree, refill ink is a lot cheaper than print heads.

Jay B.