Does anyone sell reliable refillable 1400 carts

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I'm so tired of having to buy new cartridges, have half of them leak, have to send them back and that's IF the seller believes me and will exchange them for another set that probably won't work either. And since I waited too long to actually use these I wouldn't blame the seller for not wanting to do it. And if I change suppliers, I have to change inksets again which is even MORE money wasted.

That's why my main question is "is there ANY other kind of cartridge for this printer other than this one that is more reliable?"

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not clear how an inkset relates to the cartridge type in use , why can't you use your current inks with another cartridge set ? The ink blobs on your print can have another reason - the cleaning unit has a rubber lip which should wipe off the nozzle plate from the bottom and just prevent that . Ink is accumulating there as well during longer print jobs, and the printer takes a break and wipes off the nozzle plate and pumps that stuff away - if everything works fine.
How does the current nozzle check look - please post it here. That pdf-file shows some irregularities, and those most likely are not related to the cartridges you are using. You may fill your existing cartridges with a cleaning liquid and just print 10 - 20 full color pages with something like this
Purge6.jpg
How many cartridge sets do you currently have - one with the cartridges linked together - and a separate/new one ? And both 'leak' ?

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm getting to the assumption that the cartridges are not leaking, they need to be open anyway for the air exchange when printing. Ink is building up on the nozzle plate and not cleaned away and then spoiling the paper.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I still haven't found my scanner's power cord and the HP laserjet all in one that I've been using is obviously not scanning clear enough to see the nozzle check. The nozzle check is still missing about 20% of the light magenta and cyan, but it's better than it was a day ago where all the colors were missing. I don't worry about bad nozzle checks, I'm used to that ALWAYS happening when I refill ink by removing cartridges. The printer hadn't been used in about 4 months. The previous, glued-together set of carts never did anything like this. I did not do any test prints with them since I had run out of black ink and didn't want to run air into the printhead.

If I change ink suppliers, I'll eventually have to buy another set of empty carts for a different inkset. I'm sorry, I just don't see how you can change inksets and not have to buy a set of clean cartridges. There's no way to get all the previous ink out of there. It's going to contaminate the new ink, and the printer profiles will not be accurate until several refills are done.

I'm going to try cleaning the purge assembly and wiper blade again.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just don't see how you can change inksets and not have to buy a set of clean cartridges
I only can say that I did and do, not frequently but often enough since I have been testing and using different inks for a long time, The most I did was rinsing them once with a cleaner when switching from dye to pigment or v.v. And this on lots of printers - R265, R800, WF-7110, L300, L382 and more. The colors are not so far off from one supplier to another that it would take several cartridge fills before you can recreate your profiles.
I assume that you don't take those cartridges out for refill individually which are blocked together, you refill in the printer in the exchange position and then hit the reset button... And the leaking does not occur with those ?
Did you do any priming, any special action with the new cartridge set to get the air away from the internal channel?
Letting a pigment ink printer idling for 4 months may hve been just too long. You may soak the printhead from underneath,
you power on the printer and pull the power cord as soon as the printhead moves, now you can move it freely.
You place some kitchen paper into the printbed, soak it with window cleaner and slide the printhead carriage over it,
let it sit there, for some hours, overnight.
Switching from one black ink to another one should not impact the profiles by much unless you have a very different black level, this would be my smallest concern at this time trying to get the printer running normal again.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
My issue right now is that too much ink is coming out, not too little. I'm not concerned about the nozzle check. I'm concerned about the giant drops of ink all over the page.

Strangely, I've left this printer for a year once and it only needed 2 cleaning cycles to get a good nozzle check. It's the dyebased one that clogged.

I have not put the blocked cartridges back in. They were very difficult to get out and I don't want to risk damaging the contact pins. I was going to put cleaning fluid in them to try to save another printer but I don't think I'll try that now. I do not have any other sets to test with and I'm not spending any more money on this. It would almost be cheaper to use Epson cartridges.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the cartridges are not regulating the ink flow during printing, the nozzles are too small to just let the ink flow out